• ...and so much more!
  • TxRiverman

Lord Master and Commander
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2023
    Central Texas
    This range in right outside of New Branufels and is one of the nicest I’ve been to. The staff is super nice, they have a RO who is no nonsense but also has takes the time to educate the inexperience. You can also shoot out to 200yds. Best thing is the price, 20.00 for all day, no silly membership fee or charging by the hour.
    Target Sports

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've been a member there for many years. Some people don't like the pistol range - it is rather odd. The way the line is set is definitely different and can get kind of sketchy if there are noobs out there. The rifle range is awesome.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I was turned off and won’t go to Deitz. Only been there once so maybe I picked a bad day, but I’m very close and won’t shoot there. Same with Bracken.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I live off FM 1863 not far from the range but rarely drive past them. One day I decided to drive by on SR46 to check the place out. It was a week day afternoon I happened to be off work. I stopped by and went in and talked to the guy behind the counter to ask about hours, check out the range, etc. I told the guy as much when I walked in.

I can’t say the guy was mean but he sure wasn’t friendly. Made me feel like I was bothering him asking questions. I’ll admit he was short of being outright rude but definitely gave me a negative vibe. I didn’t look around much but I wasn’t impressed with what I saw.

I left and never went back.

I did shoot at Bracken 10-12 years ago. That place just was off putting. Guy was a real jerk. They shut down the range a lot to put up targets. Just was a bad experience.

TxRiverman

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2023
    Central Texas
    I live off FM 1863 not far from the range but rarely drive past them. One day I decided to drive by on SR46 to check the place out. It was a week day afternoon I happened to be off work. I stopped by and went in and talked to the guy behind the counter to ask about hours, check out the range, etc. I told the guy as much when I walked in.

I can’t say the guy was mean but he sure wasn’t friendly. Made me feel like I was bothering him asking questions. I’ll admit he was short of being outright rude but definitely gave me a negative vibe. I didn’t look around much but I wasn’t impressed with what I saw.

I left and never went back.

I did shoot at Bracken 10-12 years ago. That place just was off putting. Guy was a real jerk. They shut down the range a lot to put up targets. Just was a bad experience.
    How long ago was this? Maybe you caught the counter dude on a bad day. Although I do understand how off putting it is for someone who’s taking your money to act like that, which is why I drive from Lockhart to New Braunfels to shoot instead of going to Lone Star which only 8 min from house. Every single time I’ve gone to Lone Star they’ve all acted like I was a criminal. Hands hovering over their sidearms, giving me the mean mug, talking to me like I slept with their mom….

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    How long ago was this? Maybe you caught the counter dude on a bad day. Although I do understand how off putting it is for someone who’s taking your money to act like that, which is why I drive from Lockhart to New Braunfels to shoot instead of going to Lone Star which only 8 min from house. Every single time I’ve gone to Lone Star they’ve all acted like I was a criminal. Hands hovering over their sidearms, giving me the mean mug, talking to me like I slept with their mom….
    A couple years back. Yes, I certainly may have caught the guy on a bad day. But that said, I still wasn’t impressed by the layout or flow of the place.

I’m not trying to sway anyone here, other than let folks know there is a new leader at CRR and he is way easier to deal with.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    This range in right outside of New Branufels and is one of the nicest I’ve been to. The staff is super nice, they have a RO who is no nonsense but also has takes the time to educate the inexperience. You can also shoot out to 200yds. Best thing is the price, 20.00 for all day, no silly membership fee or charging by the hour.
    <>

”No Nonsense ”is the ‘’raison d’etre’’ of a Range Officer !

Last range I attended, we watched a “teacher” sweep the gallery with his 1911, finger ON trigger, three times before I pointed it out to the young Range Officer.

(All 3 were in rapid succession.)

Safety is EVERYONE’S business !

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

”No Nonsense ”is the ‘’raison d’etre’’ of a Range Officer !

Last range I attended, we watched a “teacher” sweep the gallery with his 1911, finger ON trigger, three times before I pointed it out to the young Range Officer.

(All 3 were in rapid succession.)

Safety is EVERYONE’S business !

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Having, once long-ago, to act as de-facto “Range Officer” to a bunch of highly educated but firearms-dumb Army Officers; I can relate to the the “hovering”.

But brief observation will tell who needs to be watched, with special attention, and who doesn’t.

The Army would provide one Sergeant out to Camp Bullis Range to “supervise” some 125 Officers firing on about 25 lanes; most with ZERO firearms experience.

Although we all were new to the “Stoner” rifles, a small handful of us were not new to weapons, nor to ranges.

Three or four of us would literally have to stand immediately behind the NYC boys, our arms outstretched, and holler into their ears: “Take your finger off the trigger; keep muzzle downrange.”. “Don’t turn around with weapon!”

This was partly caused by the Army sending them to a live fire range w/o any prior weapons instruction.

We all survived. . . . . .

leVieux

<>

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I've been a member there for many years. Some people don't like the pistol range - it is rather odd. The way the line is set is definitely different and can get kind of sketchy if there are noobs out there. The rifle range is awesome.

Well, I guess I should not judge the place by one visit. I do trust y’all have good opinions.

I will give this place another look see when I get ready to shoot rifles past 100 yards. It would be when I want to get a good idea at my POI at the 200 yard mark

TxRiverman

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2023
    Central Texas
    <>

Having, once long-ago, to act as de-facto “Range Officer” to a bunch of highly educated but firearms-dumb Army Officers; I can relate to the the “hovering”.

But brief observation will tell who needs to be watched, with special attention, and who doesn’t.

The Army would provide one Sergeant out to Camp Bullis Range to “supervise” some 125 Officers firing on about 25 lanes; most with ZERO firearms experience.

Although we all were new to the “Stoner” rifles, a small handful of us were not new to weapons, nor to ranges.

Three or four of us would literally have to stand immediately behind the NYC boys, our arms outstretched, and holler into their ears: “Take your finger off the trigger; keep muzzle downrange.”. “Don’t turn around with weapon!”

This was partly caused by the Army sending them to a live fire range w/o any prior weapons instruction.

We all survived. . . . . .

leVieux

<>
    This wasn’t at the range, this was in the shop. Paying for my range time. Didn’t even have any weapons on me or around me.

Top Bottom