• Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Was 36 degrees and windy… gusts about 25mph

Had the range to myself as I shot at 100 yds with 123gr brass PPU FMJ… each of my 3 mags holds five rounds

I have a VISM 6-24x50 scope on the rifle and an extended bolt handle

The CZ527, chambered In 7.62x39, has a set trigger that breaks at about 1lb and the trigger (without set) breaks at about 2.5lb… I don’t shoot either way any better than the other

I couldn’t manage any better than the five shot groups you see below

Oh well… I’m old, was cold, have bad eyes… but I really wanted smaller groups :)

Guess I’ll have to keep going back to practice!

IMG_7805.jpeg
    IMG_7804.jpeg
    IMG_7802.jpeg
    IMG_7801.jpeg
    IMG_7800.jpeg
    IMG_7799.jpeg
    IMG_7798.jpeg
    Venture Surplus ad

Reactions: Eli

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I have 2 CZ 527s in 7.62x39. One 16" threaded model and a 21" Sporter. I've never really shot groups with them other than the initial zero, but I've been very pleased with them using the 123gr Barnaul steel cased. I can hit a 20 pound propane tank at 500 yards with both of them relatively easy once I find my hold for wind. I want a 527 in 223 also. May have to trade one of my 7.62x39s for it, but I really like both of them.

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Hand load is the way to tighten up those groups......it can be better, but in reality it was never meant to be a <1 MOA tack driver. I bought mine just for the the caliber because I have so much surplus ammo for the AK's and SKS's.....

Fun gun.........and I like them too.........

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    After checking torque on the action screws, bedding, and scope mount screws I'd sure consider handloading for that CZ, which should give you much greater satisfaction than that. I got similar targets with one of the blond Hungarian AKs that were around 25 years ago.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    A 25mph wind blowing 90 degrees left to right will push your 7.62x39 bullet off 4" at 100 yards. I don't think it's the gun. Cz's tend to shoot lights out. I'd suggest bringing a couple different brands of ammo out next time & maybe a day when wind is less than 10mph.
    Yep- good plan and that's my next steps (after ensuring my scope rings are still torqued in appropriately and all is well with stock/receiver/barrel mounting)

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I doubt very seriously it is gun related. Commercial 7.62 x 39 ammo is usually in the minute of man measurement when it comes to accuracy. Just look at the majority of firearm's that are designed to shoot the cartridge, they aren't known to be very accurate.
    Handloading with quality bullet's is about the only way to get an accurate 7.62 x 39.

Top Bottom