Idaho Falls,Idaho
    2y4upyby.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I've always wondered why vendors get into online battles with customers. it never ends well, regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
    Because your name is out flapping in the wind like a plastic sack caught on a barbed wire fence if you let it go uncontested.

I'd do the same damn thing. Worst that can happen is vendor continues to be wrong in peoples eyes.... Well the thread started with the vendor being "wrong". Intervening gives the chance at redemption. No redemption if they keep quiet.....

Never delt with Shiloh being from north of Amarillo. But I'd give them a shot after reading this thread

Last edited:

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    awesome for you. me personally, when i see this type of thread..I'm staying away.
    I guess it's just because I see it through the eyes of a business owner.
    Yes, you control who you hire but you can't control everything they do or say all the time.
    He responded perfectly with a good attitude, apologized (for something that may have not even happened or blown out of proportion), and offered to sell at cost with extras. What else could he do?
    Seriously, what do you recommend or would you do if you owned a business and someone complained on an online forum.

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've only been there once, last year, for a brief 10 hour visit ;) Honestly, nothing struck me as out of the ordinary though. Saw folks working the counters helping people, the ranges were running smoothly, etc. Didn't know y'all were related though, that's pretty cool.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    I guess it's just because I see it through the eyes of a business owner. Seriously, what do you recommend or would you do if you owned a business and someone complained on an online forum.

IMO Online reviews tend to be negative. Most people almost never leave positive feedback in a public forum for their purchases and services received. But people love to leave negative feedback. As a buisness owner myself, If I were to try to rebuttle people's complaints about my buisness in an online setting, all that would make me look like is an argumentative schmuck.. in my opinion. Id' rather focus on delivering better products, better prices, better service..and if the praise comes along, great. I think the users of this board who were satisfied with the vendor, stuck their head out to compliment the buisness owner. Great ! Me, personally, when I see a vendor using all capital letters and calling people liars, right or wrong, I'm out. That's just me though. Everyone's different.

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Me, personally, when I see a vendor using all capital letters and calling people liars, right or wrong, I'm out. That's just me though. Everyone's different.

I agreed with you until this point.
    Because it wasn't the owner that posted the heated reply? Or was it?

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Jeff here, while I applaud my big brothers loyalty, I think he did get a bit heavy handed in his response. We're spending way too much time of our day arguing here than being productive in the range. I prefer not to post on forums, because I agree with one of the previous statements, that not much good can come of arguing online. I responded to the thread out of pure frustration. I'm frustrated that 45Tex said he wasn't treated the way he should've been. I'm even more frustrated that since I was less than friendly (allegedly) on his visit, that has led him to believe we must be into "bad things" and spread false rumors. So we're all on the same page, my offer still stands, I'll gladly send BPrifle a Sig Arm Brace at dealer cost and free shipping, if he is still in the market for one. And I will gladly offer 45Tex a free range to use if he would like to give us another try. Hopefully he will come to understand there is nothing nefarious going on at our mom and pop, family operated shop. Shoot Straight!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I've always wondered why vendors get into online battles with customers. it never ends well, regardless of who's right and who's wrong.
    I was thinking the same thing. Customer service is an important part of my job, and should be an important part to anyone's job who interacts with customers. 1st post from shiloh in this thread showed great customer service. 2nd was a little too defensive. 3rd went full retard... 4th post was back to showing great customer service. Redeemed! Thanks for the entertainment, guys ;)

azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Because it's two different people posting Lol. Two different personalities.
    If it were me, I'd be Dr Jekyll. My little brother? Mr Hyde.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Jeff, you'll never please everyone and some people just have a chip on their shoulder if they aren't treated like Kings. In my opinion you made good on the op and left a standing offer to the chip. If I'm ever in the area I will most definitely stop by. Kudos sir.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I'm not telling anybody not to go there. I have an opinion from my one trip. I'm not going back. That's my choice. Really don't care what others do. Don't want to shoot free. Steel shells are IMHO no more of a fire threat than hot brass. As whomever I talked to said after disallowing my new Federal brand rounds said. If there is one piece of steel in a batch, we don't get paid. So much for the fire safety story. Its all about profit. And that is OK by me. Please everybody visit this guys range, spend some time and money. No doubt you will have fun.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Nice people. They don't watch the clock. It's air conditioned, and you can take your brass with you. You'll be satisfied.

What time you going there

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    45Tex, when you post "If its bad Shiloh is going to be involved in one way or another. There is just something about them that tells me to stay away." You are in fact telling people not to go. I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did not talk to me when you stopped in. As a matter of fact, I have no idea who would tell you that. I have never, ever once told a customer we don't get paid if there is steel in our brass barrels. That statement is simply not true. You see, even though we police the ammo as best we can, people still sneak in steel and aluminum. And we still resell it to Freedom Munitions so we can refill our ammo supply. The fire hazard in steel cased ammo is not just that actual casing which can spark on concrete, but more importantly, the bi metal core that many brands of steel ammo use in their projectile. When that bi metal core hits the steel backstop, it causes an unacceptable amount of sparks. As you can imagine, sparks and fire around unburnt gun powder is the worst nightmare of an indoor range. Indoor ranges tend to burn down quickly, as both Sportsmans in Humble and Top Gun in the Galleria have experienced in recent years. So yes, steel ammo is in fact more dangerous to an indoor range than hot brass. I also don't know why someone would disallow your Federal, as off the top of my head, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of steel cased Federal. Might you be confused, thinking your nickel cased ammo is steel? We certainly allow nickel to be shot, so no idea why we wouldn't allow you to shoot yours. On another note, I'd like to thank all the fellas that have said some nice things about us in this soup sandwich of a thread. We appreciate it and look forward to throwing some lead down range with ya! Shoot straight!

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Nice people. They don't watch the clock. It's air conditioned, and you can take your brass with you. You'll be satisfied.

What time you going there
    Dunno. Got a 10:00 meeting about 5 miles down the road. The meeting should only take 30-45 minutes, so I am hoping to be there about 11:00.

You off tomorrow?

Top Bottom