• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Attached is a photo of my current collection of CZ pistols. I added the top right pistol last night. It is my second CZ Shadow 2 Orange pistol. Shadow 2 Orange pistols are every bit as nice as my Stainless Wilson Combat Classic 1911, and cost less. I have acquired all of these since the first of March of this year. Thank you Corona Virus. I have yet to shoot the Shadow 2 Blue pistol. The remaining bunch are very accurate and function perfectly.

Attachments

• CZ Collection.jpg
      CZ Collection.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 226

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I posted this to show all of those who are not familiar with the CZ pistol lineup. I find them very accurate. Even the polymer framed pistols are accurate and fun to shoot. The heavier pistol like the metal Shadows are heavy pistols. Their weight make them less affected by recoil.
    The top three pistols are expensive to buy. The two Orange models retail for about $1,850 or more. The Blue model for around $1,500.
    The other models are much cheaper. If you look around on the web you can find them priced at under $600.
    I highly recommend them to anyone who is not familiar with the CZ pistols.

I am a 1911 guy by heart. Here is part of my 1911 collection.

Attachments

• 1911 collection.jpg
      1911 collection.jpg
      258.5 KB · Views: 227

SURVIVOR619

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 31, 2017
    US
    I held a P10c once at the Mesquite Gun Show because of all the abundant positive commentary. Initial impression was not comfortable in my own hand so I put it back. That's the extent of my experience with CZ. I still like the way they look; however, that one very limited experience has caused me to appreciate CZ pistols from afar. Bummer!

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    My first experience with a CZ was at the Ft. Gun Show many years ago. I had gone to the show with two of my friends. As we were leaving we saw a guy near the exit selling his pistols. My friend stopped to look at a CZ 75 P-01 the guy had. I had never heard of a CZ, but once I held it I had to have it. I had not gone to the show to buy anything, so my friend had to bankroll my first CZ purchase.
    The P-01 has rubber grips. The ergonomics of the P-01's frame fit my hand like it was made just for me. Over the years I have owned a number of P-01s. Friends, coworkers, and even guys at the pistol range have decided they want my P-01s too.
    On three occasions guys have left the range to go to an ATM and bring cash back to buy the P-01 I was shooting.
    I get a big kick out of seeing the expression on guy's faces when they first handle a P-01.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I almost snapped up a shadow 2 orange for right at 1500 but the auction went a little over my threshold.

Quick question...do they take proprietary mags or are they compatible with any other cz models?

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    The Orange models use 17 round mags. The thing that bothered me a first is the mag is stamped 40mm on one side and 9mm on the opposite side. The mag will function with either 40 cal or 9mm ammo. This is done so the mags can be used in some of the other pistols.
    I have never owned a pistol that had that feature.

Chips n Salsa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    Plano
    Hey, yes, I am with you OldVet, cool thread ...I have the P01 Omega and P07 in 40 Short & Weak...both great shooters. The Cajun Gunworks stuff was too rich for me...I did trigger kit from a company called M Carbo. Made the P01 just that much better. We are going to the old Garland Outdoor range Sunday morning....we would love to see that collection.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Don't own many pistols, 4 to be exact. But, my CZ75 SP-01 Phantom is the best shooting gun I have. I did install CGW Pro-Trigger kit in it and well... you'd just have to shoot it to appreciate the total package it is now. Do plan on getting sum'ore!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have a love for CZ as well. Got my first CZ in 2016 and still love it. It is an SP01 Tac 9mm FDE. The collection has grown since then. The black P09 9mm in the photo below I have plans for. Going to make it a red dot gun soon. Would like to add a black SP-01 Tac and black P-01 Omega to the collection. Would also like to pick up a Dan Wesson Valor one day as well. There is one CZ that I sold off, a Rami BD 9mm. Wish I would have kept it. Out of the CZ handguns I have, my favorite to shoot is actually the P09.

Here is some of my CZ collection:
    1t63iUs.jpg

Don't have a picture of the Scorpion to share.

Took me a while to find a CZ 1911A1, but finally did a couple years back:
    cF5Oy1x.jpg

My OD P07 is actually on the CZ LE/MIL website. I carry it while serving on TX Army National Guard duty.
    ksOsSRX.jpg

Last edited:

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    We are going to the old Garland Outdoor range Sunday morning....we would love to see that collection
    You are braver than I am. The weather guys are saying the high for Sunday is only 48 with breezy winds. I think I will pass.
    I shot at the Garland Public Range for many years. They are now too crowded and they do not have enough pistol lanes. I still shoot my rifles there. It is not nearly as crowed as the pistol area.
    I go to Elm Fork to shoot my pistols these days. Much larger facility and they have a much stricter safety protocol in place. You don't have to worry about being shot while downrange.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I have a bunch of CZ-75's and others that use the CZ-75 design.

Here is my professionally restored 1987 vintage CZ-75. It was one of a group that were purchased by Israel for their LEO's back in the late 80's. They were eventually retired and some were purchased by an importer here and several were selected for a total restoration as this one was. All parts disassembled and refinished and all springs replaced. The trigger and barrel are polished and shiny. The grips are shaped and designed just like the original plastic ones but they are wood which looks a lot nicer. I am really glad I was able to grab one of these when they were available.

CZ75.JPG

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Big CZ/VZ fan. You could say i collect them. Especially milsurps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom