• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    That’s why I just take my shotgun into the bar to get drunk. Really messes with the police and TABC, when they try to find a criminal charge…
    Texas SOT

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    Google "CJ Grisham Temple TX"

He went thru a lot of shit..cost him a ton of money and years of his life.
    He was convicted of a class B misdemeanor of interfering with a police officer. Total BS, but at some point are you going to spend the money to appeal, or just pay the $1000 fine and take the suspended sentence and move on. Last I heard he was going to law school. Probably graduated by now. Wonder if he is practicing.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    folk - they were sponsoring / using Dylan Mulvaney as a spokesperson, Mr. "XX day of being a girl"

That’s why I just take my shotgun into the bar to get drunk. Really messes with the police and TABC, when they try to find a criminal charge…
    <>

Some 30 years back, when we lived in Austin, there was a Vet who walked main roads with his AR on a sling.

APD picked him up a number of times; but could find no violation.

Vet was very polite & carried w/o mag inserted or round chambered.

He eventually wore them out after a year or so; they’d just wave at him, he’d salute.

Never any incident. He later told that he was ‘’Teaching them a lesson.’’

He became a Local Hero for a while.

leVieux

<>

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    He was convicted of a class B misdemeanor of interfering with a police officer. Total BS, but at some point are you going to spend the money to appeal, or just pay the $1000 fine and take the suspended sentence and move on. Last I heard he was going to law school. Probably graduated by now. Wonder if he is practicing.

He is....and he specializes in pro-2A and police misconduct cases....

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    There is an old saying..you may be the rap but you won't beat the ride..
    It wasn't just too long ago that Temple PD stopped an Afghanistan war veteran for "rude display" of an AR 15..and he ended up going to jail and put on trial.

All the other bullshit charges were tacked on To make it look like they had a case..but he got stopped for simply having an AR 15 slung over his shoulder on a rural country road...Nothing else.
    If true that is what civil right lawsuits are for, but I suspect there is a bit more to it.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Is consuming alcohol while carrying a firearm really illegal ?

Of course it's a bad idea, but I can't remember the law.

Is it like operating a motor vehicle, where you can have alcohol in your system, but not over a certain amount?
    <>

In many States; ‘’firearm’’ & ‘’handgun’’ are not synonyms.

Better see what the laws actually say, wherever you are !

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "Firearm" is an umbrella descriptor, "Hand gun" equals concealable in the eyes of law. We just see pistols and rifles around here.
    <>

But, the actual laws use specific words which leave little room for substitution.

So, while your explanation may be ‘’common sense’’, it cannot be used to re-interpret the actual LAW.

Of course, the Texas Legislature has a comical history of ‘’legislating what they didn’t mean to’’. Recall the temporary Texas ‘’Airport’’ gun ban, which had to be promptly re-worded & revised, b/c they didn’t understand what they had legislated into Law ?

<>

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    <>

In many States; ‘’firearm’’ & ‘’handgun’’ are not synonyms.

Better see what the laws actually say, wherever you are !

<>
    Even having alcohol or weed on your person, opened or of they smell weed, you lose your license. A friend of mine got busted with weed, lost his license. Don't know for how long but anytime is too long.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    "Firearm" is an umbrella descriptor, "Hand gun" equals concealable in the eyes of law. We just see pistols and rifles around here.

Technically, these are "hand guns" (i.e., pistols)...

1711581031654.png

1711581069703.png

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Even having alcohol or weed on your person, opened or of they smell weed, you lose your license. A friend of mine got busted with weed, lost his license. Don't know for how long but anytime is too long.
    Its been some time since I took the class or renewed, but doesn’t the application specifically ask about weed or narcotics?

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    Its been some time since I took the class or renewed, but doesn’t the application specifically ask about weed or narcotics?
    "411.172 (a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a handgun if the person: (6) is not a chemically dependent person;"

"411.171 Definitions (2) "Chemically dependent person" means a person who frequently or repeatedly becomes intoxicated by excessive indulgence in alcohol or uses controlled substances or dangerous drugs so as to acquire a fixed habit and an involuntary tendency to become intoxicated or use those substances as often as the opportunity is presented."

From the application: "Have you ever been treated or admitted to a facility for drug, alcohol, or psychiatric care; been diagnosed as suffering from a psychiatric disorder or condition that causes or is likely to cause substantial impairment in judgment, mood, perception, impulse control, or intellectual ability; pleaded innocent by reason of insanity; been found mentally incompetent; had court-ordered outpatient treatment?"

Top Bottom