• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    Your position has merit as we must remain vigilant. Caution must be exercised as one never knows who may be watching or listening. My only concern would be this: How will we pass valued information to others? I am new to the forum and hope to learn as well as contribute. Even at 50 years of age i must humbly admit there is still much to learn about this sport i love. Obviously going to the range, fellowship with like minds, and face to face interaction is best. I think we can safely agree knowledge is invaluable and why we are here.

We? Who is we? You and us? Who are you? How about doing an intro, instead of talking like you've been here for a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    People are led to "forget" alot of things over the generations or the data is simply 'lost' or altered by those that have a vested interest. hard for folks to accept where they've been mislead over the years. look what's passing for history these days compared to what we were taught 50 years ago. Easy to change history on the net. Now Lincoln is even being called as slaver. How many old guys on here 'were there' back then and can tell you how different it really was from the story you're being told today. No one believes them when they tell the truth so why bother. troll on anyway.

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    ...of course you can always...
    1672458279439.png

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Probably has been here. Either Hillbilly or Gambler. I'm calling it with only one post count.
    Gamblerlooarkadyhillbillyhavok?

Does wiredin fit inthere somewhere?

The magic 8 ball says....

1672487838491.png

Come on 8 ball you sound like a politician. Try again.

1672488025308.png

Fine I quit.

1672488147814.png

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Now Lincoln is even being called as slaver. How many old guys on here 'were there' back then and can tell you how different it really was from the story you're being told today.

For that far back I think you would have to talk to @Moonpie if you want any first hand account. :p

I think that's him on the far left giving me that disapproving look. :laughing:
    origin.jpg

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Your position has merit as we must remain vigilant. Caution must be exercised as one never knows who may be watching or listening. My only concern would be this: How will we pass valued information to others? I am new to the forum and hope to learn as well as contribute. Even at 50 years of age i must humbly admit there is still much to learn about this sport i love. Obviously going to the range, fellowship with like minds, and face to face interaction is best. I think we can safely agree knowledge is invaluable and why we are here.
    After reading this post, sure sounds funny to me.

Sounds like a Fishing expedition.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    People are led to "forget" alot of things over the generations or the data is simply 'lost' or altered by those that have a vested interest. hard for folks to accept where they've been mislead over the years. look what's passing for history these days compared to what we were taught 50 years ago. Easy to change history on the net. Now Lincoln is even being called as slaver. How many old guys on here 'were there' back then and can tell you how different it really was from the story you're being told today. No one believes them when they tell the truth so why bother. troll on anyway.

>

Just find and READ all of LIncoln’s speeches, but unedited, and in proper order.

”Honest Abe” clearlly and repeatedly told all that he had no interest in ending slavery.

Yep, slavery did not become a major issue until the South was winninng.

We all know what happened then.

leVieux

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Are you for real? The word smithing seems….different. Nobody I know of talks or writes in that manner. Just seems really odd.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    >

Just find and READ all of LIncoln’s speeches, but unedited, and in proper order.

”Honest Abe” clearlly and repeatedly told all that he had no interest in ending slavery.

leVieux
    Oh thank God someone else sees this! Liberia was created as the landing spot for the slaves as they were deported out of the United States, but congress couldn't get the deal passed. He, Lincoln, outlined this and many other ideas he had on averting a civil war, and keeping slavery in place was one of them. Slavery was NEVER an original purpose to the war, it was all about preserving the Union.

But it now falls to us old guys to remind the younger generations just how awful and destructive revisionist history is to the future.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    >

leVieux

Oh thank God someone else sees this! Liberia was created as the landing spot for the slaves as they were deported out of the United States, but congress couldn't get the deal passed. He, Lincoln, outlined this and many other ideas he had on averting a civil war, and keeping slavery in place was one of them. Slavery was NEVER an original purpose to the war, it was all about preserving the Union.

But it now falls to us old guys to remind the younger generations just how awful and destructive revisionist history is to the future.
    y'allcan start your own klan meeting some where elselincoln freed the slaves get over it

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    y'allcan start your own klan meeting some where elselincoln freed the slaves get over it
    Absolutely right, Lincoln freed the slaves. REAL history, not the concocted revised crap we have now, tells us that. But apparently you have fallen into the same trap as so many others have. You know how I found out about what Lincoln wrote about in trying to solve the issue of slaves in America? There is a museum under the memorial that very few people even know about. It's all laid out in his (Lincoln's) own words, by is own hand.

The simple fact of the matter is this, outside of any and all bigotry and racism, the Civil War was not INITIALLY fought over slavery, it was fought over states rights and representation in Congress (as the new states were being admitted to the union ). Slavery become the central focus with the Emancipation Proclamation due to war wariness in the north (in other words the north didn't give 2 shits about the south leaving the union and Lincoln moved the "cause" from "union" to "slavery").

But, you chose to take the simple route and throw out the KKK response when confronted with something you obviously know nothing about. From the way I see it, you've got some time on your hands, try to undo some if the modern brainwashing you're under and do I little research (all on your own, you're a big boy now). You can also research the foundings of the KKK (that'll probably take even more work to undo what you think you know).

To paraphrase (and butcher, horribly) "those that forget history, are doomed to repeat it"

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Absolutely right, Lincoln freed the slaves. REAL history, not the concocted revised crap we have now, tells us that. But apparently you have fallen into the same trap as so many others have. You know how I found out about what Lincoln wrote about in trying to solve the issue of slaves in America? There is a museum under the memorial that very few people even know about. It's all laid out in his (Lincoln's) own words, by is own hand.

The simple fact of the matter is this, outside of any and all bigotry and racism, the Civil War was not INITIALLY fought over slavery, it was fought over states rights and representation in Congress (as the new states were being admitted to the union ). Slavery become the central focus with the Emancipation Proclamation due to war wariness in the north (in other words the north didn't give 2 shits about the south leaving the union and Lincoln moved the "cause" from "union" to "slavery").

But, you chose to take the simple route and throw out the KKK response when confronted with something you obviously know nothing about. From the way I see it, you've got some time on your hands, try to undo some if the modern brainwashing you're under and do I little research (all on your own, you're a big boy now). You can also research the foundings of the KKK (that'll probably take even more work to undo what you think you know).

To paraphrase (and butcher, horribly) "those that forget history, are doomed to repeat it"
    most of us know the civilwar wasn't sbout slavery but all abou the rights of states stop trying to live in the past and move aheadlincoln is dead and the civil war is over withgo find another forum to trollwith you racist nonsense

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom