• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    My DPMS thin profile shoots sub moa. Once I get my load dialed I bet it shoots half moa or better. Granted not saying every barrel they make is gold but I'm also not the only one to have a track driver made by them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    Instant double tap. Personally, I thoroughly enjoy my single barrel Bushmaster but for the moment I'm a po' ol' college student so I can't afford too much .223/.556. And people would have this just because they can. 'Merica.

-TXG-

Since when is normal double tap on a semi auto not enough? I'm still not getting this. I guess it would work as a novelty item if you have the cash to throw around, but why not just put that money into more ammo and mags?

That rifle is just stupid

At least I'm not alone on this one.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Since when is normal double tap on a semi auto not enough? I'm still not getting this. I guess it would work as a novelty item if you have the cash to throw around, but why not just put that money into more ammo and mags?

I was being a smart ass. And does it being a novelty item fall in with a Desert Eagle? Because, let's face it. No one NEEDS a handgun that fires .50 AE.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have a couple novelty guns.

My .22 TCM has no practical use, neither does my .50 BMG. Sometimes you buy things because they are impractical and fun to shoot.

That said, what's that funky new trigger that's supposed to shoot as fast as the slide fire? Had a thread about it a little while back.

Put a couple of them puppies in and the mad minute would really get fun. Which seems to be the practical purpose of this gun anyways.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    Atleast the desert eagles are of a logical construction. I don't even have a problem with the calibre except for the price being too high by comparison to rounds that are just as useful. I even understand double barreled shotguns, but they make sense because they're breech loaded. if you're going to make a double barreled AR, you might as well strap a samurai sword on the front as a bayonet, belt feed the SOB, install some turn signals and side mirrors (so everyone knows which barrel you're using, and so that you can watch the brass your're throwing back) install one some of those mall ninja knives that come out the pistol grip that were posted on here the other day, and chrome accents.

Anyone who buys one of those because they seriously think it's the better AR seriously needs help. And don't pull the need argument on me because I wasn't saying this should be illegal like a whining liberal, I was saying it in the sense of why reinvent the wheel with a pointless modification.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Atleast the desert eagles are of a logical construction. I don't even have a problem with the calibre except for the price being too high by comparison to rounds that are just as useful. I even understand double barreled shotguns, but they make sense because they're breech loaded. if you're going to make a double barreled AR, you might as well strap a samurai sword on the front as a bayonet, belt feed the SOB, install some turn signals and side mirrors (so everyone knows which barrel you're using, and so that you can watch the brass your're throwing back) install one some of those mall ninja knives that come out the pistol grip that were posted on here the other day, and chrome accents.

Anyone who buys one of those because they seriously think it's the better AR seriously needs help. And don't pull the need argument on me because I wasn't saying this should be illegal like a whining liberal, I was saying it in the sense of why reinvent the wheel with a pointless modification.

That would be a hilarious endeavor.

On a serious note, I get what you're playing at but this is one of those ideas that was fabricated by someone with the thought of "what if..." You'll never see one of these abominations in my armory but if someone wants it, who's to tell them no? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean someone else doesn't, practical or not. And no one is calling anyone a liberal. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the firearm at hand. If someone wants to drop a few K on a weapon that burns through ammo like an automatic weapon, power to 'em.

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    I agree that I have no right or authority to say that someone shouldn't have that rifle. I also reserve the right to say it's stupid as shit and anyone who thinks it's useful outside of novelty purposes is a moron. Then again, you're the only person who's listened to my opinion all day. Sorry if I'm giving you attitude behind this, just been one hell of a day and now I have to go "save" a friend of mine from a damned crack head. Note to all reading this, cut off ties with friends after they become junkies.. Life is easier that way.

But back to the point, double barreled ar15 is still a retarded idea, i think it's shit, and refuse to respect it in any way, shape or form.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I agree that I have no right or authority to say that someone shouldn't have that rifle. I also reserve the right to say it's stupid as shit and anyone who thinks it's useful outside of novelty purposes is a moron. Then again, you're the only person who's listened to my opinion all day. Sorry if I'm giving you attitude behind this, just been one hell of a day and now I have to go "save" a friend of mine from a damned crack head. Note to all reading this, cut off ties with friends after they become junkies.. Life is easier that way.

But back to the point, double barreled ar15 is still a retarded idea, i think it's shit, and refuse to respect it in any way, shape or form.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, the beauty of free speech and free will. No offense taken. I'm the type of person who listens to everyone's thoughts even if I don't agree and give them an opportunity to express their take. I do agree it is a silly, far-fetched design that serves no purpose other than to win dick measuring contests. And again, 'Merica.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Good question, seems a bit hard to find that info (no surprise there)....looks like its fairly thin in the armoring protecting the radiator though. Should allow a good engine buster shot, which is half the point of a 50 anyway to take out engine blocks.

Looks to be between 4.3 and 12.7mm.

BRB, there's a black helicopter at the door.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Maybe i'm missing the point, but what practical advantage does this serve over a normal AR15? Cool they made it happen, but i don't see why I would want or need it.

that is what I thought. How does this imrove anything?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I don't think we will ever see it in the US for sale to civilians.

The BATF will have an issue with how simple it would be to make it fit into their definition of a machine gun. Connecting the two triggers together (zip tie, tape, pop-sickle stick, etc.) would allow two shots from one trigger pull and we all know how evil and forbidden that is. They have mandated changes to weapons a lot harder to convert than that one would be. Since no more tax stamps are being issued for new machine guns to regular folks, it would stop there if it were a single trigger design.

Their website: Gilboa® Rifle

They also offer a piston driven, normal style, single barrel with a 5.7" barrel. Bet that is a fire breather. :)

http://www.gilboa-rifle.com/Gilboa-Firearms/Micro/files/stacks_image_81.png

Last edited:
    Top Bottom