• ...and so much more!
  • Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Took my used, but new-to-me 2-shot skinny, lightweight Derringer-style pocket pistol in .45ACP out for a test drive this morning.

Used 185gr JHP

7yds is the closest I can set up a target at our range (which is too far for this little guy)

Ummm... it hurts to shoot..
    I only shot it 6 times. However, only four shots hit the target at 7 yds. (See pic)

Two shot were high.. one hit my target frame at the top, one went over the target, hit the bottom of the big barrier above and behind the target (it hit the horizontal steel frame which helps holds the barrier) and the bullet ricocheted back into the shooting stall (I heard it hit the wall behind me, but didn't find it).

Glad I had the range to myself and didn't hurt anyone... or me.

This is definitely a belly gun... from a couple of feet it would be fine.

The gun is very light.. 14oz and very thin... about .66"

The trigger pull is hard (14lb or better) and gritty.

Anybody want a cool, powerful, hurtful pocket pistol? Ha ha ha

My other pistolas in .45ACP were a joy to shoot, needless to say, after first shooting the DoubleTap :)

20240426_120943.jpg

20240426_115208.jpg

20240426_120734.jpg
    20240426_120437.jpg
    20240426_120141.jpg
    20240426_115216.jpg
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    That's as bad as my AMT DAO Back-Up in 45.
    Can't hit shit at 15 yards, maybe 3 out of 6 if I try really hard.
    Normally by the time I get to 3, my trigger finger feels like I nailed it with a 1 lb. ball peen hammer.

View attachment 448832

That's God's way of saying you need God's gun (1911) to shoot God's caliber. Anything else is just wrong.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Took my used, but new-to-me 2-shot skinny, lightweight Derringer-style pocket pistol in .45ACP out for a test drive this morning.

Used 185gr JHP

This is definitely a belly gun... from a couple of feet it would be fine.

The gun is very light.. 14oz and very thin... about .66"

The trigger pull is hard (14lb or better) and gritty.

Anybody want a cool, powerful, hurtful pocket pistol? Ha ha ha

My other pistolas in .45ACP were a joy to shoot, needless to say, after first shooting the DoubleTap :)

My 442 is 15 ounces in .38+p . I wouldn't want to shoot 45acp in a 14 oz gun :banghead:

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Thanks for the write-up. That's useful info.
    More… in case you want it (some copied from an online review written by I can’t remember who… sorry)

The DoubleTap is just over 5/8 of an inch wide (.665 inches to be precise), 5.5 inches long and 3.9 inches high, it slips easily into a pocket or inside your waistband.

The aluminum frame model with a .45 caliber ported barrel weighed in at 13.4 ounces. Compared to even the smallest semi-autos and revolvers, it is small, narrow, and light with nothing protruding to snag on holster or clothing. The hammers and barrel-select mechanism are internal. The only part of the firing mechanism that is external is the trigger, which is one piece from its face to the back of the trigger guard (nothing can get behind it to prevent its operation). It will fire from inside your pocket, if someone else has their hand around it, and even pressed against an adversary.

There are fewer moving parts involved in each cycle of the gun than a revolver.

A spring automatically tilts the barrels up for easy access to the chambers. You can either manually insert the two cartridges, or use the loading strip that comes with the gun.

The bottom of the grip has a compartment for a spare 2 round loading strip.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    AMT was desperate to come up with a sell-able product.
    Instead of learning how to machine strait cuts, strait, and round holes round, they just looked for stuff to copy.
    At least the DAO had a working magazine...

Top Bottom