• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    Which reminds me I'll have to find a FFL that will do transfers. I bought one gun on Gun Broker, a 3914DAO a couple of years ago. Where we used to live it was a PITA to bring guns in from out of state, but it doesn't seem to be the same here in Texas. As my wife said, moving from a blue state in the northeast is more like moving to a different country than a different state. She mean that in a positive way as we're discovering more and more that we like.

We've filed for both the Homestead and 65+ exemptions. We did that before the end of the year so we can get the benefit if property taxes go up. Hutto is definitely not as sleepy as it was. Taylor and Manor are taking off as well due to Tesla and Samsung.

Gun broker is always an option for older guns. Depending on the current market and which way the wind blows you may find some decent pricing. SW revolvers always seem to be at a higher premium than the semi autos there. I have a 908 I gave $300 for years ago and I will never sell it. Get ready for the steady rise in property tax out there. Used to be a sleepy town a decade ago, not so much these days.
    Guns International

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Gary,

In response to your question #1, just be sure you check the approved firearms list before setting your heart on being able to buy any particular weapon. Also, check back here to ensure what you want is Pre-Healey...

Kidding, of course, but I know you'll understand the references :facepalm:. Ain't TX grand!!!!

Last edited:

GaryS

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Hiding among the Hippos
    It's taking a bit of time to deprogram myself. Someone mentioned Gunbroker and I suddenly realized I don't have to go through all sorts of contortions to bring a "non roster" handgun into the state because there is no roster.

I already replaced the carbine length fixed stock on my AR with an adjustable one. I sold my "pre ban" 30 round magazines before we left. I just have to buy a few brand new ones here. :)

When I tell people in normal states about the laws and regulations back there about half the time they think I'm doing some sort of comedy routine.

Last edited:

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Which reminds me I'll have to find a FFL that will do transfers. I bought one gun on Gun Broker, a 3914DAO a couple of years ago. Where we used to live it was a PITA to bring guns in from out of state, but it doesn't seem to be the same here in Texas. As my wife said, moving from a blue state in the northeast is more like moving to a different country than a different state. She mean that in a positive way as we're discovering more and more that we like.

We've filed for both the Homestead and 65+ exemptions. We did that before the end of the year so we can get the benefit if property taxes go up. Hutto is definitely not as sleepy as it was. Taylor and Manor are taking off as well due to Tesla and Samsung.
    Almost all the FFL's around the area do transfers. Just have to Find a price that you like. I know Academy charges $100, Gun Range USA is $75. I recently wen't a to a shop called Zero Whiskey Tactical and they Charge $35 without LTC. With LTC it's $25

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Trying to figure out why you believe those are dumb questions on this forum.
    Some "New" Texans aren't used to the rights and privileges we enjoy in the Lone Star State.
    When someone comes in from a treasonous state like CA. or some of those up north, they have to get used to being free. It's up to us to help them.

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk

Zapp

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Cedar Park
    Red's in pflugerville does have some used guns I believe, and will do transfers. I think it's $50 for that, and other places advertise lower transfers.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

My wife was raised in Taylor and graduated from THS in 1963, then went off to college.
    ”Once a Duck, always a Duck”.

Hutto’s population sign for that decade was 444.
    Taylor was just short of 10,000.
    When my SIL started teaching at the old around Rock High School in 1967, that town’s population was about 2,000.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    GT Distributors in Pflugerville is worth visiting. Sometimes they have cool used guns for sale.
    Last time I went to GT Distributors when they were still in Austin (before the Pandemic), their FFL transfer fee was jacked up to $80.

I use Saddle Rock Armory just west of Round Rock on 620. Their FFL transfer fee is $40 - still kinda high to me, but is in my neighborhood for convenience.
    Good people there.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom