Electric Vehicles here to stay, for good or bad?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Since they are making all those delivery trucks for Amazon, I would think so.
    csyV8VR.png

I wouldn't have much faith in this company being around for a long time. I seem to recall them doing very unusual 1 for 40 reverse stock splits or something to stay on the nasdaq or some such nonsense. Rivians are somewhat known for being junk. They look okay on the outside (except those oval headlights) but when your entire company is built on making 2 junky trucks for $120,000 and interest rates rising sharply, they're just not going to survive unless amazon puts in another major huge order. At which point, why bother with consumer vehicles when big companies is who you're actually catering to?

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Since they are making all those delivery trucks for Amazon, I would think so.
    How many companies were buying GM vehicles when they went bankrupt? The number of vehicles Amazon buys doesn’t matter if Rivian loses money on them. The fact that their stock has fallen more than 90% in 2.5 years tells me that investors have not been swayed by Amazons purchase.

Hertz made a huge Tesla purchase, and it turned out to be a terrible financial decision. Sometimes, personal views should not impact business decisions. Hopefully the rivians will work out for Amazon and the other owners though.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I just read where Nissan has cam out with a motor that makes electric cars a moot point. A friend of min says Toyota has another one.

Toyota has some race Corolla with a 300hp 3 cylinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Saw my first Tesla Cybertruck in the wild on the way home from work today. My impressions:

1) that thing is a hulk. It’s much bigger in person than what I’ve gathered it would be on the interweb. I’m talking in all proportions.
    2) I was reminded of the stainless steel paper towel dispenser the typical gas station or restaurant. It had dark water spots on the front that made the surface look awful. Painted surfaces with body lines hide the spots much better than the low luster slab sides on the Cybertruck. I only saw the front up close, as I was making a left turn in front of him at a stop sign, but…. Wow.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I read that EV’s were very popular in the USA back around 125 years ago. . . . . . .

see: https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/electric-cars-history-pictures-1880-1920/.

From above: ‘’In the United States by the turn of the century, 40 percent of automobiles were powered by steam, 38 percent by electricity, and 22 percent by gasoline.’’

(That turn was in 1900)

From an old folk song: ‘’When will we learn, when will we learn, when will we EVER LEARN ?’’

leVieux

<><

Last edited:

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Saw my first Tesla Cybertruck in the wild on the way home from work today. My impressions:

1) that thing is a hulk. It’s much bigger in person than what I’ve gathered it would be on the interweb. I’m talking in all proportions.
    2) I was reminded of the stainless steel paper towel dispenser the typical gas station or restaurant. It had dark water spots on the front that made the surface look awful. Painted surfaces with body lines hide the spots much better than the low luster slab sides on the Cybertruck. I only saw the front up close, as I was making a left turn in front of him at a stop sign, but…. Wow.
    I saw my first one in the wild last week. Looked like something my youngest son would make out of lego.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It will take most EV owners longer to see it than their EV takes to charge.:roflsmile:
    <>

The ONLY realistic system would involve a massive network of ‘’quick-change’’ battery stations across the fruited plain.

Alternative would be power strips in ALL roads, streets, highways, driveways, etc.

Neither is being given any serious consideration.

<>

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I've got a system that works great when it's sunny, I produce over double what I use on a lot of days and send the excess to the grid, but on a cloudy day like yesterday, I imported from the grid almost 50% of my usage.
    Solar is great on sunny days, but not so good on cloudy ones. There are days when I produce around 100KWh, but on a very cloudy day, that number will drop to almost 15, which is less than half of what I need.
    How much did that system cost?

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I considered a Rivian for a minute, then I realized I need more than a 4 1/2 foot bed. I pick up animal feed, transport building materials, carry full loads up to camp, and dead deer back. I pull a trailer with 4 wheelers and the Rivian's range is cut almost in half when you put a load behind it. There are few if any chargers where we live and hunt. It's a no for me, dog.

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    Not sure about electric cars , but 4000 acres was recently destroyed by hail storms south east of Houston ,so
    Now a massive cleanup will happen, and wonder how much diesel fuel that will take and will Insurance pay for cleanup and replacement of panels or will the executives be taking the money to fund theirselfs?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom