• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Old dude here, don't care for bore snakes, I do my cleaning with a rod and cloth, don't see the advantage with the bore snake especially on an AR, I do use a "bore wire" on my 10/22 as I do not like cleaning from the muzzle.

Bore Wire - Rifle - Pistol Bore Cleaning Tool

I used a jig to drill a hole in the back of my 10/22 receiver so I can run a rod through the right way. Rimfirecentral has a thread going where you can borrow one and only pay to ship it to the next guy.
    Target Sports

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008

Professor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Garland
    I went to the Bore Wire website -simple, cheap - so decided to order and it won't let me unless I create an account. I'm not going to create an account with a company to buy a
    $4 item - especially since it is the only product they sell and should last forever. I decided to call or email them and couldn't find any contact information on the website - no address, no phone number, no email address. I clicked on "Return Policy" and it doesn't go anywhere. It appears you have to set up an account to read the return policy. Disappointing. I'd like to try it, but I guess I'm just too stubborn or old fashioned. Thanks for listening to my rant. :-)

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    I went to the Bore Wire website -simple, cheap - so decided to order and it won't let me unless I create an account. I'm not going to create an account with a company to buy a
    $4 item - especially since it is the only product they sell and should last forever. I decided to call or email them and couldn't find any contact information on the website - no address, no phone number, no email address. I clicked on "Return Policy" and it doesn't go anywhere. It appears you have to set up an account to read the return policy. Disappointing. I'd like to try it, but I guess I'm just too stubborn or old fashioned. Thanks for listening to my rant. :-)

Professor, I ordered from him on Ebay, he was fast and excellent service to the extent he made mine slightly longer because I have an after market 28" barrel, I never tried ordering from his website.

Spcwolf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    I generally use a 22lr snake in my 223 barrels. And a 308 snake in my 8mm barrels. It still works, just not as hard to use.
    I generally use them to dry the barrel after using hopps #9. I have a aluminum rod for the actual cleaning.

Some times I bring them to the range to clean the barrel if I am doing zeroing work. It's real useful for surplus ammo, some of it really fouls the barrel.

Professor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Garland
    Thanks, oldguy. I'll do that. By the way, I wonder which of us is really the old guy. I turn 70 on the 16th - although it doesn't seem possible. I just got here. Time is a strange phenomenon.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Thanks, oldguy. I'll do that. By the way, I wonder which of us is really the old guy. I turn 70 on the 16th - although it doesn't seem possible. I just got here. Time is a strange phenomenon.

Have you by a few months turned 70 in February, life went by in a blur however I acted old as a young man, turned grey at 35 only thing that really upsets me is I don't have the energy I once had, but the upside is I'm still here.;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom