• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    What is your favorite backpack? Do you have one? Something to carry your gear? I have rucksacks for hiking and camping, but for the last 20 years I have gone about every where with my Spec Ops THE Pack. Spec Ops is a Texas based company and of the first to sell Molle gear to the public. Bought a bunch of their stuff in the early 2000’s and up until I retired from the military in 2012. It’s held up well from vacations to war. Travel or bugout THE Pack is a durable and adaptable backpack I have trusted my life to. A good backpack can be an important piece of gear.

Capitol Armory ad

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    No more expensive backpacks for me.

Cheap backpacks from Academy are my daily driver.

I found that backpacks become so filthy they incite scowls from Old Ladies at the Doctor's Office long before the zippers blow out, usually about 4 years.

Toss the fithly one in the trash, go get a new one.

I zip-tie my multi-tool scabbard and a tourniquet to the outside for quick access.

Ghost Grey is best color. The more Molle straps the better.

backpack.png

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX

I found that backpacks become so filthy they incite scowls from Old Ladies at the Doctor's Office long before the zippers blow out, usually about 4 years.

I zip-tie my multi-tool scabbard and a tourniquet to the outside for quick access.

View attachment 409420

Molle really changed the game for load outs and configurations. Looking at many modern packs others like, a lot of the designs are very similar, including covered holes for water bladders and drinking tubes. THE Pack was made by guys who worked for Camelbak, and now from Camelbak to 5.11 to others, the setups are very similar looking online.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I avoid molle because I’d rather not have the attention.

For range trips I use a tool bag from Home Depot. Lots of storage not magazines, a center pocket that opens fully and durable stitching.

For daily carry I use a Tom Bihn Synapse. It looks like a school backpack with better pocket design. It’s not sexy at all but durable and well laid out.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I avoid molle because I’d rather not have the attention.

Please elaborate on how it's causes attention...

By the way, MOLLE is an acronym for Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment.

The system's modularity is derived from the use of Pouch Attachment Ladder System (PALS) webbing equipment as rows of heavy-duty nylon stitched onto the vest to allow for the attachment of various compatible pouches and accessories.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015

View attachment 409420
    That looks like the same one I have. Use it a lot, and yes it is getting kind of filthy, but if the Ladies want to scowl about it, let 'em scowl.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Please elaborate on how it's causes attention...
    Unless you're in uniform it screams gun nerd or gear queer. Speaking of, this is my favorite backpack like that: https://lapolicegear.com/diplomat-3-day-backpack1.html

Inexpensive, but good quality. I have a few of them. Although I'm disappointed that apparently they slap their logo on it now. They used to be plain, and that's one of the reasons I liked them.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Just got it so not sure its my favorite...but its big, cheap, and hardier than the usual cheap bag--900D Cordura.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Just got it so not sure its my favorite...but its big, cheap, and hardier than the usual cheap bag--900D Cordura.

Let us know how it holds up. Price of $27 is good.

Top Bottom