• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SabreFirearms

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2023
    Cleburne TX
    For those big $$$ Collectors, of fellow 07/02's whats your favorite?

By far this CMMG Colt Mag 9mm Banshee is the most fun. Pretty dang quiet with the can runs about 500rpm
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• IMG_8537.jpg
      IMG_8537.jpg
      230.2 KB · Views: 56

SabreFirearms

Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2023
    Cleburne TX
    Man i tried to run a MP5K with a sear pack, ran like dog shit, made me dislike the platform immensely. never again. Was also a PTR so there is that. Put the semi pack back in and sold it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Man i tried to run a MP5K with a sear pack, ran like dog shit, made me dislike the platform immensely. never again. Was also a PTR so there is that. Put the semi pack back in and sold it.
    Mines started life as a German SP89. It like to be well lubed. I just replaced the extract & spring, and mine prefers heavier ammo. I was burning current Lake City ball with is really to light.

Don't get me wrong I like the G3K & M16, but I'm more selective where I shoot it.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    MG's are more fun if someone else is supplying the ammo!
    I use to go to an exclusive shoot by invite only. I know for a fact I was the poorest amongst the millionaires & billionaires. I was given offers to shoot so much & generally turned them down. As I told them I don't get to shoot my own as much as I would like.

Hard to believe that I turned down a 150 rounds through a min gun. I figured it would be over way to fast. Several versions of Ma Duce, for my aching back problems. My very first time there I shared a room with a stranger. His friend came up just to shoot & had the nicest Thompson 21/28 navy over stamped I ever seen. He was an author of a couple of books on Thompson's. He offered it to shoot & told him I was content seeing my face in the finish of the blueing.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I know for a fact I was the poorest amongst the millionaires & billionaires.
    I've been in that situation many times and always found it quite unsettling. On movie sets, hanging out with rock stars, etc., the "imposter syndrome" is often almost strong enough to bring on a panic attack.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I use to go to an exclusive shoot by invite only. I know for a fact I was the poorest amongst the millionaires & billionaires. …

I've been in that situation many times and always found it quite unsettling. On movie sets, hanging out with rock stars, etc., the "imposter syndrome" is often almost strong enough to bring on a panic attack.

Initially felt that way when I started doing POTUS support to USSS. Talking about how to get comfortable in that arena with an agent, he put it real succinct. POTUS puts pants the same way we do; he’s just another dude but given a different level of responsibility and authority.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Ben I never felt that at these machine gun shoots. I had a billionaires wife clearing my dirty dishes away asking if I care for more wine. She offered me the bottle seeing as so few were drinking what she opened. I had lunch with a guy who owns 3 car dealers ships talking about Electric Vehicle not as here's my card, rather what a big money scam for the dealers.

I remember another stupidly crazy rich guy who stuck fired 7.62 brass in his ears & refuse disposable ear plugs. In the evening after dinner the bar was open & sitting around with guys who actually like hearing my stories about my crappy retail meat cutters job, And asking advice about processing game.

Being invited into someones home for cocktails & an open house which trophy room was bigger the my lot in Houston. And talking about my experiences hunting in Africa, to a guy who sold his company to his employees who jokingly said that they sold a year later for a billion more. He basically said he was screwed out of a billion dollars.

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    I use to go to an exclusive shoot by invite only. I know for a fact I was the poorest amongst the millionaires & billionaires. I was given offers to shoot so much & generally turned them down. As I told them I don't get to shoot my own as much as I would like.

Hard to believe that I turned down a 150 rounds through a min gun. I figured it would be over way to fast. Several versions of Ma Duce, for my aching back problems. My very first time there I shared a room with a stranger. His friend came up just to shoot & had the nicest Thompson 21/28 navy over stamped I ever seen. He was an author of a couple of books on Thompson's. He offered it to shoot & told him I was content seeing my face in the finish of the blueing.
    I bet I know that guy.
    My favorite "collector" Mg was a MINT Colt Thompson 1921AC which I regrettably sold when the new administration was coming in. Couldnt trust what he was going to do. Lots of crazy promises. I firmly believe it was the nicest Colt Thompson on the planet. The one gun I TRULY regret selling.

As far as shooters it's hard to beat an M16. So versatile. Have set ups in 5.56, .22LR and 5.45x39 back when it was cheap.
    The transferable I wish I had would be an M16 drop in auto sear. My M16s are almost too nice to shoot. Almost ;)

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I bet I know that guy.
    My favorite "collector" Mg was a MINT Colt Thompson 1921AC which I regrettably sold when the new administration was coming in. Couldnt trust what he was going to do. Lots of crazy promises. I firmly believe it was the nicest Colt Thompson on the planet. The one gun I TRULY regret selling.

As far as shooters it's hard to beat an M16. So versatile. Have set ups in 5.56, .22LR and 5.45x39 back when it was cheap.
    The transferable I wish I had would be an M16 drop in auto sear. My M16s are almost too nice to shoot. Almost ;)
    This was long ago & actually my very first time at this shoot. It Tok me years to figure out a way in. I guess because it was by invite they all figured I was OK.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I bet I know that guy.

That Thompson is SWEET! But, between J. Curtis Earl 'upgrading' countless guns and good gunsmiths 'back in the day' doing repairs and refinishing, there's no way to tell which are original and which aren't.
    RDIAS is definitely the way to go for an M16.

Eli

Top Bottom