• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    While I too enjoyed the move as a kid, when I found out how inaccurate it was from the truth pissed me off.
    I got to see the actual sight of that bridge a few years ago when visiting Thailand. Very different from the movie. Imagine that ;)
    Also visited the Allied grave yard of that prison camp. Brought tears to my eyes. I was kind of a wreck. Veteran grave sights do that.

As an aside if anyone ever gets the chance to visit Arlington National cemetary in DC its a must.
    ARJ Defense ad

davidindallas

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2014
    I imagine that the plain Jane West Hurley guns have for the most part been in to a competent Thomson smith & had the reliability problems fixed, were the commemoratives for the most part have not.
    The commereratives are West Hurley guns. I've never owned or shot a West Hurley. Perhaps the reputation is over exaggerated.
    All I know is that a C+R gun is but a few farthings more at that point.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I got to see the actual sight of that bridge a few years ago when visiting Thailand. Very different from the movie. Imagine that ;)
    Also visited the Allied grave yard of that prison camp. Brought tears to my eyes. I was kind of a wreck. Veteran grave sights do that.

As an aside if anyone ever gets the chance to visit Arlington National cemetary in DC its a must.
    National Cemeteries mess me up to. Such a great loss of life, everywhere around the world.

I work at a store that had this one old guy that nobody wanted to wait on because he was very picky. I always sought out those kinds of customers because if you made them happy they would brag on you to management. Turns out he was on the Battan Death March. He was a frail man who taught piano. After he died his daughter came in and thanked me for being kind to him for years. She was who told me about the death march.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area

I visited the real bridge over the River Kwai when I visited Thailand years ago. It's pretty underwhelming. The Allied cemeteries that are in the area are very sobering. A lot of YOUNG men died working on that railway.

Top Bottom