• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Anyone know anything about Federal Tactical Bonded ammo? That Bone Frog email says Federal has stopped making it. I have Hydra-Shok & HST. I don't know about the Tactical Bonded.

Pointman91

Will work for gun food
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Jacksonville Texas
    So this is different from the normal HST 124 +P ? I bought 500rds last year and that should last me forever as it gets rotated for my CCW. I can't see why anyone would buy it for tgt shooting, it's too expensive. I'm sure somebody out there will try to scoop it all to flip for profit.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    So this is different from the normal HST 124 +P ? I bought 500rds last year and that should last me forever as it gets rotated for my CCW. I can't see why anyone would buy it for tgt shooting, it's too expensive. I'm sure somebody out there will try to scoop it all to flip for profit.
    It's only the 50 round boxes. Otherwise it think it is the "normal" HST.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    I like to carry the same ammo that LEO carries and have HST in my carry gun- but since I'm still carrying .40S&W that's become irrelevant.

Guess they're going on the spreadsheet.... we're going to need a bigger spreadsheet.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I think this policy is also going to apply to the Gold Dots since they are a *Federal product too. I have plenty HST on hand. And of course they are vacuum sealed. :) Since I only shoot a mag or so every year, I'm good for a long time.

*Should have said Vista Outdoor

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    There is a big price difference. 20 round box of 9mm GoldDots are 21.99 at Academy while a 50 round box at Streichers is 26.99.
    Yep. $19.99 at Bone Frog Club. And they were $19.99 at Target Sports USA.

Since I only shoot a mag or so annually, and have plenty on hand, it shouldn't affect me for a long, long time.

Last edited:

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Careful about 'flipping a profit'. Back when everyone thought the Fed's were going to ban XM855 a guy bought a 55 gal drum of them. Going to make a million. A few weeks later the Fed's got out and the ammo was declared ok. This guy lost a mint since the price had gone down.

Top Bottom