• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    If any of you fine folks care to email me - billtool@protonmail.com is the new way! TGT was my first transfer just now. This is REALLY going to be a PITA. Also - I can kiss off trying to import my old emails ~ 50 sites to be adjusted. One down (the good one) 49 to go! When I'm done - so is that SBC garbage.
    Texas SOT

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    @billtool
    If you aren't already using a program to manage your passwords, you should look into Dashlane, LastPass, etc... They are used by the security departments of many corporations. My company (tech) is 10k+ employees and we've been using LastPass for several years now - my family has been using Dashlane for even longer. They help with more freq. password changes, using more complex passwords, using different passwords for each site, they'll let you know when a site you are going to is fake (typically from using links sent in emails or text messages), notifying you when a web property has had a breach, etc.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    @billtool
    If you aren't already using a program to manage your passwords, you should look into Dashlane, LastPass, etc... They are used by the security departments of many corporations. My company (tech) is 10k+ employees and we've been using LastPass for several years now - my family has been using Dashlane for even longer. They help with more freq. password changes, using more complex passwords, using different passwords for each site, they'll let you know when a site you are going to is fake (typically from using links sent in emails or text messages), notifying you when a web property has had a breach, etc.
    Isn't Dashlane the one they found the Russians were using to steal passwords and user names via a backdoor in the program?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Crap. I thought they were required similar to porting phone numbers. Sounds like you know a bit about this. Do you know of a program that will allow to port to a new address? I’ve had this email address for 20 years.

Give me a minute to look it up, but there is a way to intercept the email address before it gets to an ATT server. That should do the trick.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Email alias is what you are looking for. You will need to create a new email somewhere else for it to work. Proton mail is a good option for that.

Then you tell proton to look for and grab mail addressed to the old address. I think it will also send the email displaying your old address, too.

Ausländer

Yak Shaving
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Then you tell proton to look for and grab mail addressed to the old address. I think it will also send the email displaying your old address, too.
    Alias email address are used to hide your real address. They do not intercept and divert mail.

"All mail sent to an alias arrives in your usual inbox, letting you manage several email addresses in a single email account."

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Alias email address are used to hide your real address. They do not intercept and divert mail.

"All mail sent to an alias arrives in your usual inbox, letting you manage several email addresses in a single email account."

It’s a moot point as ATT says you can keep it after cancelling. Most likely requires notification prior to cancelling, but always worth a call.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I've wanted to fire AT&T for 10 years now and still haven't. They are the only one I know of that gets service in several areas I travel to. If can find unlimited Data with the same service for cheaper elsewhere I ditch AT&T quick like.
    Same issue here. My corporate phone is ATT and we have over 10k ATT devices. I tried Suddenlink (SporadicLink) for home internet but due to constant outages and a desire to stay employed, my only other provider was ATT which I've used in my last residence.

5G and satellite solutions aren't an option. I use over 1tb of bandwidth each month.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Same issue here. My corporate phone is ATT and we have over 10k ATT devices. I tried Suddenlink (SporadicLink) for home internet but due to constant outages and a desire to stay employed, my only other provider was ATT which I've used in my last residence.

5G and satellite solutions aren't an option. I use over 1tb of bandwidth each month.
    Had Suddenlink one time, as it was the only option. Terrible.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    To help ease the transition to the new email, consider an auto-reply or out-of-office that says something to the effect of "Please note my new email address at <email address here>". Responses will begin coming from that email effective immediately so I ask that you replace <old email address> with <new email address> as my primary contact."

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    To help ease the transition to the new email, consider an auto-reply or out-of-office that says something to the effect of "Please note my new email address at <email address here>". Responses will begin coming from that email effective immediately so I ask that you replace <old email address> with <new email address> as my primary contact."
    That’s a great idea. Thanks.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Oh and I forgot to add that you can forward all mail from old to new - that way you only have one mailbox to check since everything going to old will end up in new, and you'll know which ones are forwarded because it'll have the Fwd: in the subject-line.
    Argh—- just learned that in order to access the forwarding function one has to “upgrade” the email account. That sure won’t be happening.

Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    Argh—- just learned that in order to access BASIC EMAIL FUNCTIONS one has to “upgrade” the email account.
    As if you needed another reason to move on... Sorry to hear that Bill, glad you found the "vacation response". I was really hoping to eliminate you having to check two mailboxes but alas, no such luck.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Last straw. Woke AT&T just cancelled One America News. Not that I’m a freakish fan of the network, but I do watch it regularly. We heard they were threatening it, but it became effective today. Turned on OAN- and no dice.
    We are done. Cancelling Uverse and going streaming. Cancelling ATT internet and going Xfinity. Cancelling ATT cell phone and going Verizon. This will be done by the end of next week.
    It will be a huge PITA to make these changes and will not save me a dime. If it costs me an extra 100.00/month I’ll pay it.
    Fruck AT&T. Please Fruck this woke POS company as well.
    Good riddance to bad garbage.
    Xfinity is scheduled for internet install this Wednesday am! Next stop- Uverse can suck it.

Top Bottom