• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Looking online at every ammo seller I can think of it seems that everyone is out of stock with FN 5.7x28. Naturally I have more than enough, was just checking for any deals this morning. Anyone have any ideas. Keep hearing they are selling it as fast as they can make it.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    [h=2]Decided to ask FNH-USA about it....[/h]
    and here's what they said:

"In regards to the availability of our SS195LF and SS197SR 5.7x28mm ammunition, FNH USA is working hard to bring supply levels in line with current demand. We recently experienced a drastic increase in the U.S. market demand due to the current political climate. This combined with the PS90 and FN Five seveN™ experiencing growing popularity among the recreational shooters and the law enforcement community has depleted FNH USA’s supply levels. We are adjusting forecasts and working at the highest executive levels to increase production and satisfy the demand going forward.

Additionally, we are excited that ATK has launched a new 5.7x28mm round under the Federal American Eagle Ammunitionbrand. Limited and un-official testing conducted by the FNH USA product management team has shown the 40gr Total Metal Jacket round to perform very well in the FN Five seveN™ pistol."​

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    $25.00 per box??? ouch. I am good for now. I have a couple thousand rounds still. Just browsing internet price checking. With the supply issue I don't see him having any problem selling that. He could take that and sell it to a gun shop real fast if he dropped the price. A dealer would probably sell it at cost to keep customers happy.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Dang this stuff is a lot more popular than I thought, had three calls and one in store customer ask if we had any 5.7x28 for the FN. Being as I'm new and couldn't find any I asked one of the seasoned guys and to quote him "the last time we got any in was in January, about 40 boxes that all sold before noon (store opens at 9)".

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I saw this coming last year and I hoarded like the ammo whore I am. As far as those custom loads I am hesitant. I have heard horror stories on some off brand loads. The 5.7 has little area for errors in its powder composition, weights, properties etc..There have been people who have had deforming injuries using their own loads. I have saved those sites above and will do some research on them though, thanks.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Its been flying off the shelf since the idiot shot up the movie theatre with body armor. The guns are selling like hotcakes, and people want bullets to practice with. 195 and 197 won't go thru armor, but still its selling.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Its been flying off the shelf since the idiot shot up the movie theatre with body armor. The guns are selling like hotcakes, and people want bullets to practice with. 195 and 197 won't go thru armor, but still its selling.

I felt bad for the customer that came in the store, said he got the gun a few weeks back but hasn't been able to shoot it because he can't find ammo. I recommended a few websites for him to try and wished him luck.

hanzieboy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    belgium
    live in belgium with stockpiles off ammo in this country and i`m not able to buy one round
    is there anyone willing to sent 2 boxes off ammo to me
    will pay in advance

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    It sounds like you are asking one of us to commit a very large number of crimes, from our country and yours.

Got get your own permit, if you can, and buy it legally.

Better yet, move to a free country or change the one you live in.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    live in belgium with stockpiles off ammo in this country and i`m not able to buy one round
    is there anyone willing to sent 2 boxes off ammo to me
    will pay in advance

If you are restricted from buying it, wouldn't buying it from a foreign country also be illegal?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Academy had it on the shelf. It wasn't FN brand but it was name brand. I don't know who made it because I didn't pay much attention. No idea on price either but it was there.

Top Bottom