• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crzy_mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    US
    Only a few tracks on the road, no signs of life at all by the swampy stuff not even hogs. Only exception is the water moccasin that tried to get me. As for game cam I set one up by the feeder but thats the only one so far.

crzy_mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    US
    He tried to get me but he got got
    67321dfd8556a6d20dcfe99f36a31456.jpg

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

crzy_mike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    US
    Finally got out to the lease today, cut some trees for more light and tossed out some seed. I wasn't able to get any equipment out there so it was all by hand. I wasn't able to afford lime and fertilizer so I threw some miracle grow on top of the seed, now just hoping for a light rain.

River Bridge Plot 1.jpg

River Bridge Plot 2.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I got some clover seed from Academy. It grew well, but when heavy rains came it ended up under water and died.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The last lease I was on, we all tried food plots but didn't really have a lot of success. Then someone stopped in Walmart and they were getting rid of a bunch of fertilizer that got wet for cheap. Oats plus fertilizer brought on a healthy crop that did bring some does in.

What I've noticed is that in the evenings, does are often found near the road where the ditches have been mowed and there's lots of tender grass growing. You might want to think about mowing the area good and sowing rye grass seed when it gets cool enough.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When do you plant oats or rye?
    I always wait till the first good cool fall rain. Usually about end Sept. or First-Mid Oct. Messed up last year. I didn't condition the soil enough... Gonna disc, fertilize/lime, disc again, plant and drag this year. Maybe it'll yield a better crop... I was still successful at holding this guy till opening morning
    Toad.jpg

Top Bottom