• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    No, he said it has to be in a holster. What he meant by "not in the back" is you can't stick the gun in your belt, or Mexican-carry in your belt up front without a holster. You can't hang the gun in your belt by the trigger guard. It has to be in a holster attached to the belt. I don't believe he intended to say a holstered gun in the SOB is illegal, any more than a cross-draw or appendix carry (Mexican carry) in a holster is illegal.

I had wondered about thigh holsters - tactical holsters. I have seen those that attach just to the thigh with 2 straps, and others that also have straps to the belt. Black-letter of the law suggests the thigh-straps-only wouldn't be legal, but I think I read somewhere some Sherriff's dept would not stop you for that. YMMV.

sdismukes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    that would be my guess

Bad guess. The law does not state where on the belt, just has to be on the belt and in a holster. Or in a shoulder holster. No discussion on small of back or cross draw or Mexican carry. IN a holster attached to belt or IN a shoulder holster.

Don't be adding crap that aint there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    Bad guess. The law does not state where on the belt, just has to be on the belt and in a holster. Or in a shoulder holster. No discussion on small of back or cross draw or Mexican carry. IN a holster attached to belt or IN a shoulder holster.

Don't be adding crap that aint there

I aint adding shit, just replying to Moonpies post. did you see the same video I did ? He specifically stated "carried on the hip", then cut to a picture of "on the hip".

I have no plans to open carry anyway.

sdismukes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Sheriff didn't write the law.

You're seeing the same video I did, where he summarized several laws including the OC one. Most holsters are on the hip but the law didn't say it had to be.

Twomill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2013
    The law does not designate what the belt is made of nor where the belt is worn. There will probably be some case law and some definition of the law during the next legislature.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I should have added, OCing with a SOB holster would be a bad idea, but not illegal.,

Think about hybrid carry - generally concealed but not worried about it showing (yes, I know an inadvertent flash isn't a crime under cc). Just saying it'd be nice to wear a jacket with an OWB holster and be able to take the jacket off, etc.

sdismukes

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Think about hybrid carry - generally concealed but not worried about it showing (yes, I know an inadvertent flash isn't a crime under cc). Just saying it'd be nice to wear a jacket with an OWB holster and be able to take the jacket off, etc.

That's where I am with the topic, too.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    The Harris County DA specifically said she would not prosecute a droplet holster as she considered it attached to the belt. No that's not a guarantee, but I'd guess it's indicative of the prevailing mindset. This was in one of the City of Houston open meetings with the HPD police chief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    The Harris County DA specifically said she would not prosecute a droplet holster as she considered it attached to the belt. No that's not a guarantee, but I'd guess it's indicative of the prevailing mindset. This was in one of the City of Houston open meetings with the HPD police chief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you have a link or video for the Houston meeting?

Top Bottom