• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I am having some trouble finding a specific holster for a specific gun. What i am looking for is a first or second gen Fobus or Blackhawk paddle holster, and ideally a single or double mag pouch. The gun is a S&W 3913 with round trigger guard. The holsters for M-39s and M-59s should fit, but all the searches I have done send me to Glock 39s and S&W Sigmas and M&Ps. My questions are as follows:

1. What shops or stores around Houston stock a good variety of these holsters where I can fit test?
    2. Does anyone here have the experience with this (these) pistol(s) and these holsters to tell me what will fit?

I have a Desantis or Safariland lined leather one that fits, but is too obtrusive for my liking. I hate to order a dozen models just to return 11.

What say y'all? Any advise?
    Lynx Defense

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Fobus is trash. The rivets pull right off. Leaving a paddel inside your belt and your gun on the ground, or worse.

I would go galco paddle holster. The holsters for the 9mm lady Smith should fit as well in a leather holster although the dustcover is slightly different.

Square trigger guards were in the larger models of the 3rd gen single stacks. Iirc

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I wish you luck with that. I hope someone doesn't jerk it right off your hip cause all it takes is a quick rotation to seperate the paddle from the holster.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I wish you luck with that. I hope someone doesn't jerk it right off your hip cause all it takes is a quick rotation to seperate the paddle from the holster.

Supposedly Fobus fixed that issue with the steel bar under the rivets - so that the rivets don't just rip out of the plastic. I've got one of the newer Fobus holsters around that fits my Beretta - one of these days I'll see if the old issues remain true with the new stuff, and film it for TGT'ers amusement.

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    Anything Fobus is pure shit. Just don't do it.
    Strongly disagree. I've been using them since they first started being imported. Never had a problem in over 25 years of use.

They key is to know what a specific tool is to be used for and not to expect it to be something that is not. I'll bet your best hammer is "pure shit" when you have to tighten a screw.

Curious to know what your experience was to give you such an opinion. Did you get a bad one once? Did you have one snatched from you? Do tell please...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom