• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    A friend and I went to this show today. The show was OK; the fees weren't.

Their web site shows the "general admission" tickets are $14/person, and that $14 includes $4 of "facility fees." It doesn't show that there's an additional fee of $4.83/person. The guy in the ticket booth couldn't explain the $4.83 fee. Since it was an hour drive, we went in anyway.

Parking was $7.

Ridiculous. I won't go to another one of their shows. And if they're doing it in Ft. Bend, they're bound to be doing it elsewhere.
    Capitol Armory ad

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Enjoy it while you can, as after 20 May, gun shows will be a lot more expensive and intrusive on your privacy!

And the "facility fees" and/or "additional fee" could easily been tacked on by the venue owner, Premier had Bexar County do the same when they held a show here thanks to that assclown County Commissioner Nelson Wolff...

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    And the "facility fees" and/or "additional fee" could easily been tacked on by the venue owner, Premier had Bexar County do the same when they held a show here thanks to that assclown County Commissioner Nelson Wolff...
    Extra fees would be OK if they'd include that information on their web site, not wait until you're on site.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Extra fees would be OK if they'd include that information on their web site, not wait until you're on site.

They may not have known in advance.

Many of us on TGT were the recipients of Premier's generosity when they held their excellent shows here in San Antonio...buying us breakfast, free entry into the shows, free passes for our friends, etc.

I also got to know them over the years, and can assure you they weren't trying to hide anything!

Given the decrease in decent gun shows in Texas over the past decade, we need to be grateful to those who are still willing to host such events!

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX
    They may not have known in advance.

Many of us on TGT were the recipients of Premier's generosity when they held their excellent shows here in San Antonio...buying us breakfast, free entry into the shows, free passes for our friends, etc.

I also got to know them over the years, and can assure you they weren't trying to hide anything!

Given the decrease in decent gun shows in Texas over the past decade, we need to be grateful to those who are still willing to host such events!
    What do you think is the overall reason for the decline of good quality gun shows here in Texas? After all it is Texas. I live really close to where the FBC one was held but didn’t get a chance to go. It sounds like I didn’t miss much.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Gun shows nowadays a weak because there are too many of them.
    On any weekend there might be four or five going on.

I went to the show in Rosenberg. When I found out it was $30 to park and get in the show I took the train to Nopeville. That’s crazy.
    Drove to the show in Conroe instead. Free parking. $10 to enter. Moderately decent small show.

D0ntTr3@d0nM3

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2024
    Richmond, TX

I went to the show in Rosenberg. When I found out it was $30 to park and get in the show I took the train to Nopeville. That’s crazy.
    Drove to the show in Conroe instead. Free parking. $10 to enter. Moderately decent small show.
    $30 to park? Thats outrageous. I am glad I didn't go now. We should start our own TGT gun show. :loaded:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

While that was a factor at one point, I think too much political pressure from local liberal governments were also a cause.
    San Antonio had two large shows (SAXET and Premier) and a few smaller ones in and around the outlining area (Austin Highway, etc.) which should have been enough given the 2.6M inhabitants in the metro area.

Panics (partially driven or at least exploited by the gun industry itself) and exorbitant prices also reached a breaking point to where few could afford the badly overpriced firearms and ammo.

And I honestly don't think such large shows were sustainable by vendors. When buyers can comparison shop and negotiate, sellers cannot demand some of the inflated prices being asked when other options were available.

Plus, it's not just shows. Gun stores are falling by the wayside as well.

HD-Ghost

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2023
    Houston
    There are many reasons that gun shows are dying. The Houston AstroHall GS was one of the best in the country.
    1. Politics: the Reliant Center came up with some many new "safety" rules; it became unfeasible to run a show there. Local politicians have prohibited the use of various properties they control (even in Texas).
    2. Collectors: very few young people collect firearms. Yea, the buy alot of plastic guns and holsters, but there is no collector value to those. The majority of steel and wood collectors are dying off.
    3. Internet: There are so many issues that have opened up the transactions of firearms, parts, and accessories on the net. Many dealer who travelled the country from one GS to the next can just stay at home and sell without the large expense of loading up a truck and spending some much time and money travelling.

I miss the "good ol' days".

Top Bottom