• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edrw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Sunnyvale
    Is anyone a member of Fusion Gun Range in Forney? The gun range I'm a member of now seems to be going down the drain fast. I haven't been able to shoot for at least a year because it's too crowded and there have been times when all the lanes are blocked by people just sitting on the tables chatting. I'd rather not say which range it is since I'm still a member. I saw the warning about Fusion so I don't need to be reminded of that.
    Texas SOT

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    There's a fairly new range in Scurry. Pecan Ridge Outdoor Center. I joined this month. Still doing work on the ranges. Pistol range is up and running and improvements are coming. 100 yard rifle range should be open soon. Long range shooting is once a month out to 900 yards.

jlaval

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2015
    Forney, TX
    Just FYI. I was at the paintball place right next to Fusion this past weekend with the kids. I did see a bunch of vehicles there and heard a lot of "bang" going off. There were vehicles coming and going. Only bad part about it.....Floods a lot there since it's in a floodplain. So if you pay for a year's membership only expect to use it maybe 1/2-3/4 of the year. Unless its a dry season.

rlfdavin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    I was approached by tyler i think it was for fusion gun range at the big town show. Apparently anything goes at this range as long as safety is number 1. you can move and shoot, draw from holster, 50cal ok, full auto ok. Basically a bare bones outdoor range where you can train what you want. Exactly what i was looking for. however i couldnt go visit it after the gun show cause of flooding. He did however offer a really good yearly membership deal if i signed up right then. But i wanted to check it out first.

Casper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2015
    Forney,Tx
    I was approached by tyler i think it was for fusion gun range at the big town show. Apparently anything goes at this range as long as safety is number 1. you can move and shoot, draw from holster, 50cal ok, full auto ok. Basically a bare bones outdoor range where you can train what you want. Exactly what i was looking for. however i couldnt go visit it after the gun show cause of flooding. He did however offer a really good yearly membership deal if i signed up right then. But i wanted to check it out first.
    I joined Fusion about 6 months ago, what rlfdavin said above is pretty correct, Safety is #1 but you can pretty well shoot anything out there. Derrick is the owner my dealings with him have been fine and I have had no issues with him or any of the staff, they have been hit a few times by flood damage and I know they are trying to improve the roads and make the shooting areas a bit more durable. One thing that did impress me was with all the rain and flooding last year they added another 5 months on to every membership free of charge as there where lots of times you couldn't get out to shoot which I though was nice. The member's I have encountered have been great as I am new to owning handguns ( Moved here from Canada ) and if you ask a question or inquire what they are shooting they are great, I did see the warnings about the owner in a previous posts but as I said I have never had any problems. They have added steel shooting areas and you can run & gun draw from holster, rapid fire etc. Even saw a guy practicing shooting from his truck one day as it was pretty quite. Its not the most fancy place in regards to amenities and they don't sell ammo currently so make sure you bring what you need. Go try it for a day they offer free passes which is how we found out about it. We live in ferny so its nice not having to drive into metroplex to shoot.

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Casper is spot on. I have been a member there going on 3 years now. I also live in the Forney area and had been going to Gibson's for years. After Mr Gibson passed I haven't back. I give Fusion a solid nod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom