Venture Surplus ad

GAO Finds Military Has No Plan for Ongoing Recruiting Crisis, the Real Question Is Do They Care?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Military recruitment has hit lows not experienced since the end of the Vietnam War, even as America faces multiple national security challenges around the globe.

A Death Spiral

Defense Data for FY2023 show most military services are sucking swamp water.
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg
      ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg.jpg
      102.7 KB · Views: 63

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    They will lower the standards if they choose

It's not just physical fitness that's the issue. A large number of draft-age individuals are unwilling to serve and would be mentally and emotionally unfit if drafted. There's no "safe space" on the battlefield and nobody gives out "participation trophies" to the loser.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Draft Boards still exist for a reason.
    Yes, but from the Selective Service website it would be impossible to restart just for recruiting shortfalls.

A national emergency, exceeding the Department of Defense’s capability to recruit and retain its total force strength, requires Congress to amend the Military Selective Service Act to authorize the President to induct personnel into the Armed Forces.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    They will lower the standards if they choose
    They went that route before and it was a disaster. Voluntary is best, increase benefits as needed, always have a draft to fall back on and should include girls as well as boys and whatever unidentified genders out there.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Two additional problems with many young people is that they have criminal records that preclude them from serving; the other is drug use.

They can always do what the Army did during the never-ending GWOT, and start accepting felons and waiving some other restrictions. These are very short-term solutions to a manpower shortage.

IMHO, one of the very best things that the military could do to increase recruiting would be to stop all of this woke bulls**t that they're pushing.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    They went that route before and it was a disaster. Voluntary is best, increase benefits as needed, always have a draft to fall back on and should include girls as well as boys and whatever unidentified genders out there.
    I think maybe you could have read into my comment...I am not stating my support for what I said..I am simply saying they will do that if they chose.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I think maybe you could have read into my comment...I am not stating my support for what I said..I am simply saying they will do that if they chose.
    And I agree completely. They always repeat the same mistakes over and over. I remember the 100,000 program which was a disaster.
    But if they do go for a draft, this time it needs to include the majority population, those that call themselves girls.

John Sam Rayburn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2023
    Lufkin, Texas
    ...as America faces multiple national security challenges around the globe.

Nobody is falling for that lie anymore.

Smart, Patriotic young men know the mission of installing buttsex and child mutilation friendly Marxist governments in foreign lands in no way benefits their hometown, or protects Grandma.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Army wants a 'mulligan' and get the soldiers back who were kicked out for not getting the jab.

More comments from Red State blog

They booted 1,903 people over not getting the vaccine, and now have sent out 1,900 letters to try to get people back. But even if they got all those people back, they still would be far below their goals. And why should people who were separated trust that it might not happen again? This is an admission that the decision was political.

Attachments

• b33bd18d-f745-4d6f-88fd-edc830560111-1052x615.jpg
      b33bd18d-f745-4d6f-88fd-edc830560111-1052x615.jpg
      84 KB · Views: 28

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    DoD never has a ‘real’ recruiting plan. As an all volunteer force with well known benefits and drawbacks, participation is primarily based on people’s faith in the juice being worth the squeeze.

Maxrobot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2022
    Nashua, new Hampshire
    The Army staff cannot admit that they made mistakes in implementing policies and rules that most affected traditional-valued patriotic youths that make up the core of new recruits in a volunteer Army.
    I feel sorry for those who enlisted or re-enlisted under Trump expecting a second term and further progress in making America great again.This included military academy appointees.
    These people must have felt like they were sold down the river when the Biden team came crashing into power and began throwing out Executive orders and appointing weirdos.
    People are openly speaking out telling others (and their children) NOT to join the military at this time.
    Plus the revelations about "conspiracy theories" and State Department records put into doubt the justification of prior international involvements.

Top Bottom