• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Mesquite, TX
    I was finally able to take my month old Glock 26.5 out to the range to let it eat today. I had a glock 33 round mag, 3 Glock 10 rounders, 1 Glock 15 round mag, 3 Amend 2 18 round mags, 1 Magpul 17 round mag, and 1 Magpul 27 round mag in my bag with me.

I am happy to report that the outing was a huge success. I took it straight out of the box, no cleaning or oiling beforehand. It fired all 176 rounds from all the various magazines with no problems.

I thought I was going to have a problem with the slide stop as it was a bit hard to manipulate when just playing with the gun with no ammo in it. However, after the first magazine went through the gun, it operated with zero issues.

This is going to be a great EDC gun! I just need one more trip to the range with some hollow point ammo. If it passes that test, I will have my new EDC gun.

Joe
    Guns International

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I was finally able to take my month old Glock 26.5 out to the range to let it eat today. I had a glock 33 round mag, 3 Glock 10 rounders, 1 Glock 15 round mag, 3 Amend 2 18 round mags, 1 Magpul 17 round mag, and 1 Magpul 27 round mag in my bag with me.

I am happy to report that the outing was a huge success. I took it straight out of the box, no cleaning or oiling beforehand. It fired all 176 rounds from all the various magazines with no problems.

I thought I was going to have a problem with the slide stop as it was a bit hard to manipulate when just playing with the gun with no ammo in it. However, after the first magazine went through the gun, it operated with zero issues.

This is going to be a great EDC gun! I just need one more trip to the range with some hollow point ammo. If it passes that test, I will have my new EDC gun.

Joe

Curious - what do you mean by 26.5? Is it a 19 chopped to 26 grip length? Is it a 19 chopped to 26 *slide* length? Do you mean a gen 5 G26? Inquiring minds, and @Moonpie want to know.

As to the slide stop - when you say hard to maniuplate, do you mean you're pressing down on it with the slide locked back, to chamber a round, or was it hard to engage? Sometimes they're pretty stiff when new, but as the slide and the slide stop wear into one another, this eases up. If you're using a Gen 5 with the ambi - the right side of the lever will almost always be harder to engage - most ambi guns are this way, and they're honestly only meant to engage the slide, and not to send it home on a fresh man unfortunately. The M&P's ambi lever is equally sucky when used on the right side, but the left side works just fine. Same with the other ambi guns I've tried out.

Congrats on the new blaster. Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip to the range.

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Curious - what do you mean by 26.5? Is it a 19 chopped to 26 grip length? Is it a 19 chopped to 26 *slide* length? Do you mean a gen 5 G26? Inquiring minds, and @Moonpie want to know.

As to the slide stop - when you say hard to maniuplate, do you mean you're pressing down on it with the slide locked back, to chamber a round, or was it hard to engage? Sometimes they're pretty stiff when new, but as the slide and the slide stop wear into one another, this eases up. If you're using a Gen 5 with the ambi - the right side of the lever will almost always be harder to engage - most ambi guns are this way, and they're honestly only meant to engage the slide, and not to send it home on a fresh man unfortunately. The M&P's ambi lever is equally sucky when used on the right side, but the left side works just fine. Same with the other ambi guns I've tried out.

Congrats on the new blaster. Sounds like you had an enjoyable trip to the range.
    This

Joezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Mesquite, TX

26.5 was just my way of saying it is a Glock 26 version 5.

Yes, with the slide locked back, it was hard to manipulate the button with my thumb. After just one mag though, It became very normal.

It was indeed an enjoyable time at the range. Really looking forward to going again, perhaps next week.

Joe

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX

Yes, with the slide locked back, it was hard to manipulate the button with my thumb. After just one mag though, It became very normal.

It was indeed an enjoyable time at the range. Really looking forward to going again, perhaps next week.

Joe
    Glock makes an extended slide stop. It has a little nub that is jut big enough to make it easier to release the slide.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

Joe
    <>

We’ve found the G26 to be a great carry piece.

One word: If you can gnd a GALCO “Scout Model“ IWB holster, it is even better. the scout is simple, sturdy, keeps open, and allows one-hand removal / replacement of entire rig from belt. This is important for us non-LEO’s, as we often must remove weapon and don’t want t re-holster a loaded GLOCK. The Scout will also handle other GLOCKS, including the ubiquitous G19’s.

GALCO had stopped making them for a while, check with them.

leVieux

<>

Joezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Mesquite, TX
    <>

We’ve found the G26 to be a great carry piece.

One word: If you can gnd a GALCO “Scout Model“ IWB holster, it is even better. the scout is simple, sturdy, keeps open, and allows one-hand removal / replacement of entire rig from belt. This is important for us non-LEO’s, as we often must remove weapon and don’t want t re-holster a loaded GLOCK. The Scout will also handle other GLOCKS, including the ubiquitous G19’s.

GALCO had stopped making them for a while, check with them.

leVieux

<>
    I will indeed go and check Galco out.

Thanks.

Joe

Joezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Mesquite, TX
    The X-grip I ordered for the G19 mag I have arrived today. It slips right on the mag and when I insert the mag into the 26, it feels darn nice. This will be a great backup mag for me. So now I have 10+1 in the gun and 15 more in the backup mag, not to mention that I could carry a 17 rounder as a backup if I wanted.

It is nice to have choices.

Joe

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    I carry a 26 with a 19 mag, +2 baseplate, I prefer no filler. A 17 reload with a +2 baseplate.
    37 rounds on one reload.
    I love my 26, and I hate Glocks.

Joe

Top Bottom