Hurley's Gold

Glock / pistol night sites ~ what's your recommendation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'd like to get them for a G21. I've been looking at http://shop.speedsights.com/glock for starters. The only thing I have to compare to is a 3 yr old set of Meprolights on my G30. I actually noticed over the weekend the front Meprolight is noticeably dimmer than the rear.

Have you had sights that remained bright significantly longer than 3 years?
    What are your thoughts on the front sight being a different color than the rear sight?
    Gun Zone Deals

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I've got Tru Glo tritum/fiber optic on my Glock and I love them. Ther're bright night and day. Easy to see all the time. I'd recommend them. They are about $100.

This is a picture inside with just the normal overhead light on. They are both at the same time. At dark they use the tritium for illumination.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Educate me please. What's the difference between tritium and tritium/fiber optic?

Doesn't Trijicon make all, or most all, Tritium that goes into these sights? Is it possible/probable the product they deliver for competitors sights is inferior to what's used in their sights?

The reason the diamond sights caught my eye is because you are aligning points instead of dots. Yes, I recognize in a SHTF situation, it's all muscle memory and praying.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    They are dots but they work really well 'cause they are so bright. The fiber optic picks up light from the sun or any other light source and the tritium shines in complete darkness. You have the best of both worlds. Trijicon makes tritium sights but so do a lot of other companies.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    OK now that I look again its about average. I havent looked at a lot of pistol sights but it my brain when I looked the first time it didnt register they dont come in a set. lol

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So the Tru Glo is a dual source sight?

What I was trying to say is Trijicon owns the patent/rights to tritium and sells it to others.

What are you doing on TGT? The Weather Channel tells me you're getting pounded right now.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    The XS sights on the Sig I was carrying at the range day ...
    Well, I shared my toys with you but it wasn't reciprocal

IIRC, when I bought the G30 and had the Meprolights installed at the time late 2008, I was told the glow would last 10 years. For whatever reason, the front sight faded faster.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Sorry, I was impatient first go round and the picture hadn't loaded yet. I'll look into the Tru Glo sights more thoroughly. Thank you Charlie.

stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    For tritium I like the Warren two-dot offerings. They use a brighter green tritium on the front, and a dimmer amber tritium in the rear. A dimmer rear is something that is very important to me.

The TFOs have mixed reviews (durability) from high volume shooters. Subjectively, the dots are excessively large and the rear sight brightness dominates the front both day and night. This is common with most Tritium rears and can be somewhat fixed with a Sharpie.

I generally like a clean black rear or a single, dimmer tritium vial with no white or colored outline. I find anything else distracting when having to track my sights during strings of fire. There is a lot going on in low light already such as ambient light, muzzle flash, handheld and/or weapon mounted light etc. You'll notice some mental "juggling" going on when you're trying to keep track of 3 tritium dots in front of your face with the other factors added in.

Admittedly, after my last night shoot with Kyle Defoor I'm starting to contemplate moving away from Tritium to all black sights.

Nullrejector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Austin
    Ameriglo operators if you really need rear vials (I mostly agree with stalker19).
    My favorite setup for now is the 10-8 rear with your preferred front (for your situation an Ameriglo white outlined tritium front would work well).

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I've got Tru Glo tritum/fiber optic on my Glock and I love them. Ther're bright night and day. Easy to see all the time. I'd recommend them.
    If someone could get me Charlie's address I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to beat him about the head and body.

Last night minutes before bed, a transfomer blew and lights were off throughout the area. With no moon and being in the woods, that means very little ambient light. So little in fact for the first time ever I noticed the stove pilot light shining through the vents.

I decided to sleep on the couch and laid the G21 with Tru Glo tritum/fiber optic sights on the coffee table, finished my business, laid down and turned off the flashlight. Damn sights are so bright they kept me up all night, and that's why Charlie needs a whuppin'

Thanks Charlie

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    If someone could get me Charlie's address I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to beat him about the head and body.

Last night minutes before bed, a transfomer blew and lights were off throughout the area. With no moon and being in the woods, that means very little ambient light. So little in fact for the first time ever I noticed the stove pilot light shining through the vents.

I decided to sleep on the couch and laid the G21 with Tru Glo tritum/fiber optic sights on the coffee table, finished my business, laid down and turned off the flashlight. Damn sights are so bright they kept me up all night, and that's why Charlie needs a whuppin'

Thanks Charlie

Damn, for a minute there I thought I was gonna' have to hide! When I lived in the piney woods of East Texas there was a saying that when night fell, it slammed shut!

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    So the Tru Glo is a dual source sight?

What I was trying to say is Trijicon owns the patent/rights to tritium and sells it to others.

What are you doing on TGT? The Weather Channel tells me you're getting pounded right now.

I think all tritium vials are sourced from outside vendors.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    For tritium I like the Warren two-dot offerings. They use a brighter green tritium on the front, and a dimmer amber tritium in the rear. A dimmer rear is something that is very important to me.

The TFOs have mixed reviews (durability) from high volume shooters. Subjectively, the dots are excessively large and the rear sight brightness dominates the front both day and night. This is common with most Tritium rears and can be somewhat fixed with a Sharpie.

I generally like a clean black rear or a single, dimmer tritium vial with no white or colored outline. I find anything else distracting when having to track my sights during strings of fire. There is a lot going on in low light already such as ambient light, muzzle flash, handheld and/or weapon mounted light etc. You'll notice some mental "juggling" going on when you're trying to keep track of 3 tritium dots in front of your face with the other factors added in.

Admittedly, after my last night shoot with Kyle Defoor I'm starting to contemplate moving away from Tritium to all black sights.

All black for the win.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Top Bottom