• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Here's a bit more. I don't know if this has already been posted. FYI.
    Target Sports

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    So I have intimate knowledge of Goodyear. Official word is, the local manager created their own power point pres and created that slide. That manager is no longer with the company. It was just some idiot being a warrior.
    its kid gloves for the media. That shit is not the policy from corporate. I haven't seen ot had to sign anything. Trust me, it was a single justice warrior that is no longer employed
    It may well have been a single manager that did it. But Corp HQ that issued the statements that only social justice, no matter the lies they spread, is the only voice that matters.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If you alienate half of the population, especially the wealthier half, it can't be a good business model. I would guess that BLM supporters have less spending power than conservative republicans.
    Business that piss of 2A supporters (hear this Dick's) know that they have very long memories.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Well I don't care as much about what their political or any other feelings are, in comparison to how their tires perform. They don't perform. The only ones worth a crap in my application segment are the F1 Supercars and those wear out much faster than their competition - so I'll keep buying their competition.

Goodyear prices at a premium, performance is unimpressive, and now they're piling on with the SJW nonsense?

Michelin gets my business. Why? Their tires perform the best of all I've tried, and I've gone through a LOT of tires.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Here's a bit more. I don't know if this has already been posted. FYI.

The should never had to issue a reversal in the first place. They "caved" simply because of their stance cutting into profits. They found that stance wasn't as popular as they thought, and it was going to cost them huge amounts of money with the consumers.

IMO, that makes this about money and profits, not about what is right, or just. It's why you don't mix politics and business in the corporate world.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If you alienate half of the population, especially the wealthier half, it can't be a good business model. I would guess that BLM supporters have less spending power than conservative republicans.
    Business that piss of 2A supporters (hear this Dick's) know that they have very long memories.
    From what I have read, liberals on average have higher income nowadays compared to conservatives. Things have changed.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Well I don't care as much about what their political or any other feelings are, in comparison to how their tires perform. They don't perform. The only ones worth a crap in my application segment are the F1 Supercars and those wear out much faster than their competition - so I'll keep buying their competition.

Goodyear prices at a premium, performance is unimpressive, and now they're piling on with the SJW nonsense?

Michelin gets my business. Why? Their tires perform the best of all I've tried, and I've gone through a LOT of tires.
    I used to run Michelins, until they started wearing out prematurely.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Funny since I could make a similar slide using my company's logo and screenshot it being displayed similar to the one shown. I'm not authorized to do so as a pee-on. That opinion which would probably get me terminated is not the opinion of my corporate overlord. But folks believe everything posted on the internet without further validation so my employer would have a public relations nightmare and their stock would drop.

We complain about the "news" not fact checking but we're willing to believe posts showing a picture the average person could create.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Funny since I could make a similar slide using my company's logo and screenshot it being displayed similar to the one shown. I'm not authorized to do so as a pee-on. That opinion which would probably get me terminated is not the opinion of my corporate overlord. But folks believe everything posted on the internet without further validation so my employer would have a public relations nightmare and their stock would drop.
    Everything you said there is true and correct. The odd thing is that all they had to do was come out with a statement saying "that was not corporate training" or something.
    Their silence speaks volumes. And the only statement I saw (today) pretty much doubled down on the original stupidity.

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Yes, that's probably true. But the conservative republicans won't go out and burn and loot your businesses and BLM and antifa will.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    From what I have read, liberals on average have higher income nowadays compared to conservatives. Things have changed.
    Based off the policies all of these corporations are adopting, I tend to believe this as well. This country is on borrowed time

gambler

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Texas
    Based off the policies all of these corporations are adopting, I tend to believe this as well. This country is on borrowed time
    I don't think the country is on borrowed time, but I do think the peace is on borrowed time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Saw on a news feed on my phone yesterday, that Goodyear stock was dropping big time. Anyone else see that?

GY.jpg

Ibmikey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2014
    East Texas
    I have had Goodyear Wranglers on many a truck and found they work just great in the Washington State snow and ice, will buy in the future? I will see how the corporate handles unruly children first.

Top Bottom