• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Went in about a weakness in my leg, got an ultrasound that was showing Poe circulation in them. Went in for an angiogram today and while they were there, they installed three stents.

Home safe and sound and hoping for a large improvement. Of course this means I gotta change my diet, dammit! I will miss the days of eating whatever I wanted.
    Lynx Defense

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Went in about a weakness in my leg, got an ultrasound that was showing Poe circulation in them. Went in for an angiogram today and while they were there, they installed three stents.

Home safe and sound and hoping for a large improvement. Of course this means I gotta change my diet, dammit! I will miss the days of eating whatever I wanted.
    Glad you are OK

amazing medical technology we have these days

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.

Good to hear your OK, I hope you get a large improvement. I am just thinking of the modified diet, darn. Take care.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Several years ago I went for a yearly physical and a few days later left the hospital with a pacemaker installed.
    It's good when the doctors find a problem before we're rolled into an ICU.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Doctor said they found a 90% blockage in my legs. He believes I will feel 100% better.

Now that this known issue is taken care of, we’re going to pursue finding what condition my heart is in, and if there’s any issues there. I’ve really had no symptoms of heart issues, but this is just a follow up check after we found what we found in my legs.

Only 59 yo, and finally found out I’m not indestructible
    :laughing:

Last edited:

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX

Good they caught it, even better that it keeps you on your feet. Prayers that you get to feeling better

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Take it easy for while. Had a buddy get stints. Felt better than he had in years. Decided to go jogging two days later. It all broke loose and he died.

Check with your doctor before you exercise.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Doctor said they found a 90% blockage in my legs. He believes I will feel 100% better.

Now that this known issue is taken care of, we’re going to pursue finding what condition my heart is in, and if there’s any issues there. I’ve really had no symptoms of heart issues, but this is just a follow up check after we found what we found in my legs.

12 years ago I was jogging on a treadmill at the gym 6 days a week and feeling great. Then my annual treadmill stress test I was passing with flying colors, the doc said EKG with 12 leads was passing me, but told him my chest was hurting. He looked confused, shut it down and sent me to hospital for angiogram, catheter inserted in large artery to heart. It showed LAD (widow maker) 99% clogged with plaque, one artery was at 100% the other at 70. Both techs and cardiologist doing the procedure looked at me asking why are you still alive ?? I never once hurt jogging on the treadmill at gym so this was great timing. Triple bypass next day, pacemaker the next month, the following years have seen two heart attacks and 3 stents. I followed all the "rules" about foods after the bypasses and cholesterol drugs and didn't keep me ok evidently.

Am glad you found your issue and got it resolved !! Is only natural to start obsessing over your diet after an episode like yours or others, almost to the point of being anal about it. My personal advice is don't. I knew a guy whose wife literally stormed out of a restaurant just because he used salt on his food. Another guy's wife monitored and bird dogged his ass so bad about food she made his life miserable. She chose his food at restaurants and at home. He had to sneak around just to get a damn Whataburger with cheese. You can use this episode to evaluate how you eat going forward of course for a health basis, is natural and we can all do that periodically anyway.

Btw, is great you're going to pursue heart issues. A stress test is great place to begin plus Echo cardiogram, both usually done same visit. The Echo is a sonogram on heart they do with you laying down, awesome to watch and listen to your heart in 3D color. Then do another immediately after your stress test to record all the heart functions under stress to compare to relaxed.

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County

Welcome to the club and glad you're okay. Cardiac stent at age 45 and I'm still kicking at 61.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    IMG_1055.jpeg

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    12 years ago I was jogging on a treadmill at the gym 6 days a week and feeling great. Then my annual treadmill stress test I was passing with flying colors, the doc said EKG with 12 leads was passing me, but told him my chest was hurting. He looked confused, shut it down and sent me to hospital for angiogram, catheter inserted in large artery to heart. It showed LAD (widow maker) 99% clogged with plaque, one artery was at 100% the other at 70. Both techs and cardiologist doing the procedure looked at me asking why are you still alive ?? I never once hurt jogging on the treadmill at gym so this was great timing. Triple bypass next day, pacemaker the next month, the following years have seen two heart attacks and 3 stents. I followed all the "rules" about foods after the bypasses and cholesterol drugs and didn't keep me ok evidently.

Am glad you found your issue and got it resolved !! Is only natural to start obsessing over your diet after an episode like yours or others, almost to the point of being anal about it. My personal advice is don't. I knew a guy whose wife literally stormed out of a restaurant just because he used salt on his food. Another guy's wife monitored and bird dogged his ass so bad about food she made his life miserable. She chose his food at restaurants and at home. He had to sneak around just to get a damn Whataburger with cheese. You can use this episode to evaluate how you eat going forward of course for a health basis, is natural and we can all do that periodically anyway.

Btw, is great you're going to pursue heart issues. A stress test is great place to begin plus Echo cardiogram, both usually done same visit. The Echo is a sonogram on heart they do with you laying down, awesome to watch and listen to your heart in 3D color. Then do another immediately after your stress test to record all the heart functions under stress to compare to relaxed.

Had first heart attack while cooking, thought it was indigestion, had to be resuscitated in the ambulance, two stents. Second heart attack felt like I'd been kicked in the chest by a mule, resuscitated in ER, third stent. Went for a normal follow up with the heart doctor, he saw the EKG and had the nurse walk me to ER. Unclear on exactly what all they did but I've been feeling okay since.

I agree about the paranoia, I was afraid to do anything, eat anything. The doctor called it "heart aware" and not to let it stop me from reasonable activities and foods.
    I eat healthier, take breaks instead of pushing myself. Been a good excuse to buy more power tools and implements though!

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    . You can use this episode to evaluate how you eat going forward of course for a health basis, is natural and we can all do that periodically anyway.
    I have always eaten whatever I wanted with impunity, which has lead to some bad habits over the years lol.

Fortunately, I do not have blood sugar issues so that opens up a lot of foods that I can substitute.

The wife and I have started substituting oranges, apples, bananas or grapes for a tv snack, instead of the bowl of salty chips or pretzels.

Cutting out and cutting down on superfluous cheese in recipes. I was always one to say “a lot more cheese is better than what the recipe calls for”.

We are also trying to add a healthy salad to each meal and reduce the size of the red meat portions.

A lot less processed lunch meats

Better and healthier choices for bread

Top Bottom