• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    First, my finger hurts from searching the archives trying to answer my question about CHL carry at the Great Wolf Lodge. Can not find anything. I searched other sites with conflicting answers. I was there last year and do not remember seeing any 30.06 signs and carried most of the time (had to swim). Post on other sites state there is a legit 30.06 posting at front door. Anyone have a truthful answer?
    Venture Surplus ad

thack1963

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Copperas Cove
    Stole my answer, surprised its not on my the web site. Would be safer to call, ask for the manger and then ask. I would hesitate to take an answer from someone that maybe went a year or two ago.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Hesitant to call as they would tag me. Last time I called another location(San Antonio convention center) I was told no but when I got there they had a 30.05 not a 30.06 sign. Plan is to call them and tell them I will be there in two weeks instead of this weekend and say my name is txinvestigator.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Here is a thought for discussion. If a hotel has a 30.06 sign posted but remember that you will be residing in the hotel sec 46.02 covers you.....so essentially I would not be carrying a concealed handgun but just "transporting" the handgun to my temporary residence. discussion..........

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Hesitant to call as they would tag me. Last time I called another location(San Antonio convention center) I was told no but when I got there they had a 30.05 not a 30.06 sign. Plan is to call them and tell them I will be there in two weeks instead of this weekend and say my name is txinvestigator.

Why would you need to disclose any information....just call and ask. Sheesh. LOL

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Here is a thought for discussion. If a hotel has a 30.06 sign posted but remember that you will be residing in the hotel sec 46.02 covers you.....so essentially I would not be carrying a concealed handgun but just "transporting" the handgun to my temporary residence. discussion..........

Transporting to a temporary residence will work, but keep in mind transportation between two points usually involves something that resembles a direct path. If you wander around for a few hours, you're not exactly on your way to your room.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    My thoughts also. Since it is a swimming place I did not plan on packing in the swim area. In retrospect they are essentially wasting their time with a 30.06 sign since it is essentially just a hotel. Heck you really do not even need a CHL if you traveled there in your car and carried your weapon straight to your room.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    My thoughts also. Since it is a swimming place I did not plan on packing in the swim area. In retrospect they are essentially wasting their time with a 30.06 sign since it is essentially just a hotel. Heck you really do not even need a CHL if you traveled there in your car and carried your weapon straight to your room.

^^^^^
    Yep.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    Well it turns out their 30.06 sign is not on contrasting colors. One of those white letters on transparent film.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    2012-08-09 23.27.15.jpg

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    It was at night. It is one of those white lettering signs on that "transparent" film. transparent by definition is clear hence the only color is the white lettering. by definition contrasting color is at least two colors. transparent is not a color. Best part after I saw their sign was after I parked my vehicle and had to bring in the wifes Sig Sauer P226 E2. I forgot how incredibly sexy that pistol feels. I had a special moment in the parking lot I think.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    It was at night. It is one of those white lettering signs on that "transparent" film. transparent by definition is clear hence the only color is the white lettering. by definition contrasting color is at least two colors. transparent is not a color. Best part after I saw their sign was after I parked my vehicle and had to bring in the wifes Sig Sauer P226 E2. I forgot how incredibly sexy that pistol feels. I had a special moment in the parking lot I think.

I disagree. If you can see it, it has color. Besides, even if the background is invisible there is still contrast. The statute is written to prevent same on same color signs that are hard to read.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Well it turns out their 30.06 sign is not on contrasting colors. One of those white letters on transparent film.

I disagree. Completely. Since there is no case law to support your " belief", acting on that belief could result in a class A Misdemeanor conviction. You willing to risk thatv to be "that guy"?

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I disagree. Completely. Since there is no case law to support your " belief", acting on that belief could result in a class A Misdemeanor conviction. You willing to risk thatv to be "that guy"?

Well it's about time. I was beginning to miss you. Texting as I am here sitting in the lobby sipping a hot cup of coffee still feeling the warmth of that Sig

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom