0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Green Eye Tactical
    Basic CQB Course
    17 – 18 JAN 2015
    Cresson, Texas
    $450

I’ll be holding a Basic CQB Course this January.

The course will be capped at 12 attendees. If it fills, I’ll open another one in Jan or Feb.

There are no certificate pre-requisites for this course. However, that cannot demonstrate muzzle awareness, trigger finger discipline, and general safety will not be allowed to progress to live fire. Attendees that arrive without the mandatory safety equipment will not be allowed to participate in live fire. Expect the course to be Crawl – Walk – Run.

This is a tactics course that will teach the basic individual skills of room entry, in order to build a solid base of fundamentals for further training. Due to the scope and focus of the training, it will be a rifle only course.

Training Topics:
    Close Quarters Engagement Methodology
    Target Discrimination
    Forward/ Lateral Movement
    Fundamentals of room entry
    Team Entry

The round count for the course is 450. Not guaranteeing we shoot all of it. Basic CQB doesn’t entail blazing on targets for emotional satisfaction. The bulk of the round count will be used during the 2 hours of Close Range Marksmanship training on a 25m range.

See the attachment for the course flyer and gear list.

Course isn’t listed on the Green Eye Tactical website yet due to some technical malfunctions.

Check out the Green Eye Tactical Facebook page for more details:
    https://www.facebook.com/GreenEyeTactical

http://mkt.com/greeneyetactical/basic-cqb-course

mxOSZ8W.jpg
    Lynx Defense

Green Eye Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    The requirement of owning body armor is a deal breaker for me (and most people). Can you make this available?

Thanks for the question. I don't issue out protective gear like body armor (there's a few reasons for that, among them is liability, and vetting out felons). Possessing body armor shouldn't be a deal breaker for you, and if you are considering this type of training- it should be equipment that is added to your bag. You don't need to spend $1000 on level 4 stand alone ceramic plates. I actually don't recommend ceramics to most civilians, as we don't have ready access or funds to have them regularly x-rayed. A lot of people in the industry find them controversial, but I use and recommend steel plates for the average person. (Yes, in special ops I used ceramics and would recommend them to people with access to the funds and support).
    For normal training, Level III body armor is sufficient. That will protect you from all 5.56mm and 7.62mm threats (as long as nobody is running around with Black Tip AP). ar500armor.com as well as other manufacturers supply these. As always, check on the NIJ.GOV website to see if the manufacturer is listed as being in compliance with their testing.
    Level III plates can be purchased for $65/ea ($130/pr), Level 4 is around $155/ea ($310/pr).
    AR500 Armor actually has a full Level 3 kit, complete with plate carrier and plates for $215. All in Stock. The latest and greatest plate carrier- the Crye AirLite is only $170.
    I do have a local guy who went through one of my Tactical Rifle Instructor courses who is a dealer if you'd like a local supplier.
    What I'm trying to say here is that there are good options to satisfy the requirements and I'd like to see you leave the course with not just the knowledge to accomplish the tasks, but the equipment to do it safely as well.

I hope I answered your concern.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    That's a lot of information. Thanks. I want to give the course as a gift to a friend who I think would enjoy it. He does not have BA.

I will keep this in mind. Happy Thanksgiving.

Green Eye Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Got it, I just pinged the dealer I know. Maybe he can hop in here shortly and offer a deal. One way to look at it- the money saved in the reduced ammo count for this course ALMOST covers the cost of a level 3 kit :army:
    Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Check out the Green Eye Tactical Facebook page later, I'm just getting ready to post a Thanksgiving message.

Green Eye Tactical

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    After reviewing the course format for the Basic CQB course this January in Cresson Texas, I am lifting the Ballistic Helmet requirement. Although it is strongly encouraged so you can get used to it, it is no longer required for basic level CQB courses. It will still be required for intermediate and advanced level courses. Front and back plates with a minimum of level III ratings will still be required for all levels.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Looking forward to it. BA can be had pretty cheaply if you go the AR500 route. They'll weigh more though.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    CQB Course AAR

I attended this course expecting to learn a bunch of watered down, "civilian home defense" crap a lot of other outfits teach. I was wrong. I really was not expecting engage in what I engaged in over the weekend nor was I expecting to be challenged both mentally and physically like I was. We started off with an evaluation drill with vague instruction. It got my mind running in hyper drive real quick. I quickly realized this course was not what I was expecting. Once we were all evaluated, we did some basic controlled pair drills and multiple target drills. Shot placement is critical in such a dynamic environment like CQB - things move - fast. Basically, if you just stand in one spot shooting paper every time you're at the range, you're gunna have a hard time! (South Park reference) We then moved onto some dry practice runs starting with a 2 man team clearing rooms. Once we had the hang of it, we went to live fire. "Slow down" we all heard many times from Eric. Adrenaline was pumping and there was so much to think about and process the whole time - muzzle awareness, hostiles/friendlies, what's in front/behind, where's your teammate and are you where you're supposed to be, etc....

The course was setup using doorframes and orange construction netting to simulate rooms. Targets of various types of people (some in early 90's saved by the bell clothing) in different positions, poses (friendly/hostile/hostage) were in various parts of the room and we had to focus on our objectives despite every ounce of our "shooter being" telling us to engage the guy over there first ---- let another teammate deal with him. As we got more teammates into the stack, it got even more interesting. We were all operating in roughly 16x16 rooms with multiple targets in many positions as well as doors (breaches) which may or may not have been open. We learnt both verbal and non-verbal commands to use before, during and after entry into each room. By the time 4 rooms were cleared with live fire then re-cleared backwards, it felt like I ran a marathon! Mentally taxing is all I can describe it as. I will admit, i made a lot of mistakes. I caught myself making or about to make mistakes many times. Eric called us on it but didn't make us feel like we were the ugly ducklings of the team (even though I thought I was). I found that when i got angry with myself for something so blatantly obvious that i did/didn't do, it affected how i operated in the next room. "Move past it" (paraphrasing) Eric would say to help us keep our heads in the game.

We did our best to navigate the room, the obstacles and each other while maintaining good shot placement. There were times where my shots were off... I fired too soon, to late or too quickly in succession. We worked with it and kept going. We had to learn target discrimination quickly (who was a threat and who wasnt) before we opened fire or physically pushed the good/bad guy to the side. In some instances we encountered threats head on and had to decide how to deal with em. Did we muzzle 'em, push 'em and leave em for the next guy? There was no right or wrong in many instances. We had to make decisions on the fly and roll with them.

Areas of domination were key for each man on the team. We have primary and secondary areas to cover and each overlapped with another. We learned basically to own the corners and the walls. As we started to work in the rooms as a team and i observed the dynamics, I saw really how it all makes sense, and after a while it felt like a well oiled machine. Everyone has a job, an area and we oftentimes switched up as we moved through the rooms. We did runs where there were targets in another room that we could see - and engage. "Shot!" was called. Bang Bang then "Go"....we all got back into the stack and moved on. This got even more complicated when there were obstructed targets and then a run with a 6 man team including a battering ram (If i am describing it correctly).

I've never worked this way with teams before and it really added a whole new level of complexity to the training. I will say, despite the numerous mistakes i made and how i beat myself up over a few of them, I really enjoyed every minute of this course. It wasn't just CQB, it forced me to move in (sometime uncomfortable) ways and make split second decisions and overall challenge some of what I've learned and ingrained in my head over the years. I've done force on force training before but will say that this course took it to the next level. It also showed me what gear worked, what didn't, how I can improve my rifle and kit as well as my mindset and thought process. It re-inforced how I should view where I live and how to deal with rooms, angles, dead space, door frames etc.

I found Eric to be a fantastic teacher. Given his backround it felt like I was being given excellent information and training. This was real-deal stuff, not FUDD-level "This is all you'll ever need because of A, B, C)" crap. I would not hesitate to go a CQB 2.0 course (or similar) he offered. Great value for the money and even some bonus training on how to remove matal posts from the ground afterwards. :)

A+... the bees knees.

Top Bottom