• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    Yeah, I know; it's a piece of crap pot metal jam-o-matic BUT I got it really cheap, minus grips, at a gun show a couple of years ago, and it's a dead ringer for my Para Ordnance Expert Carry right down to the extended thumb safety and beavertail. And, as long as I keep it fairly clean and lubed, it runs the cheap Remington bulk .22 flawlessly.

That said, the sights are plastic and the rear sight recently broke. GSG is out of stock, Nummrich is oos, Midway is oos, everyone is oos. It's supposedly a Novak style and all I'm finding is stuff at $65 to $175.

Anyone know of any less expensive options? I wouldn't mind upgrading the front sight as well; it's a straight blade style held in by a tiny Allen screw threaded in from the muzzle end.
    IMG_20240128_150443870.jpg
    IMG_20240128_150456383.jpg
    IMG_20240128_150451919.jpg
    IMG_20240128_150509741.jpg
    Lynx Defense

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Is your front sight dovetailed? I can't tell by the photo.....

I have a Novak style cut rear sight from a Colt Defender if you want it....2 white dot variety.........

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    The front sight isn't dovetailed; it's a straight blade that drops into a slot in the slide and is pushed back and secured in place by that tiny allen screw.

I appreciate the offer on the rear sight; what do you want for it?

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The front sight isn't dovetailed; it's a straight blade that drops into a slot in the slide and is pushed back and secured in place by that tiny allen screw.

I appreciate the offer on the rear sight; what do you want for it?

Just thank you will do.....pm your info and I'll get it off to you........if you want it...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Yeah, I know; it's a piece of crap pot metal jam-o-matic...

Not sure what's wrong with yours, but my GSG 1911-22 has run flawlessly, and I've run the shit out of it!

Any issues it has had have been directly attributable to bad ammo.

But it is a cheaply made pistol, just like my Heritage Rough Riders; but they're all a blast to shoot!

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I'm just repeating the criticisms I've heard every time I've said complimentary things about mine. I love it and it has left a hole in my day to not be able to hit shit with it for the last couple of weeks. I've taken my wife's keltec p-17 out on farm chores for raccoon, fox and coyote duty and it makes me miss practicing with the little GSG.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    Update! V-Tach sent me a really nice rear sight that slipped right on once I sanded down the manufacturer's crappy thick paint coating a bit. Literally zeroed it on the second shot.

Thank you, V-Tach! I sincerely appreciate your gift!

Top Bottom