Venture Surplus ad

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    see my sigline....

what else....

the .45 thing usually doesn't bother me, because a lot of the time (in my experience) .45 guys are just pullin' your chain - to get a rise outta ya.

what i have found is those .40 S&W guys really believe that their round is the end all be all and are more likely to try to jam it down your throat.

when i see people training their kids WRONG at the range.

when i know someone is a horrible shot, and they go on and on about how awesome they are, and then refuse to play along when i slap money on the table....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Some of the dumb things I hear gun salesmen say. Holy crap, you can say "I don't know" and we won't think it's the end of the world!!

A twist on one from Wolfwood: People that do a crappy job of teaching ANY new shooter, and it's usually because they can't shoot, either. Oh, the stories I have...

People that make the range an unpleasant and unsafe place. Just go home before I'm forced to add more holes to you...

People that think the AR jams every other shot and has to be carefully cleaned daily. Yeah, no.

People that think the AK is horribly inaccurate but insanely reliable.

People that think a Mini-14 is in any way superior to either of the above. Good God, no.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    when guys with .45, .40, 9mm refuse to acknowledge .357 sig is the end all be all.

when people dont mind their own business at the range, unless its a safety issue.

when people shoot my target at the range.

that i cant wear my shoulder holster openly.

that i cant wear my pistol in another holster openly.

that my vest stretches my shirts out and i get lines where the plates are.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    People that buy a 338 Lapua Magnum and think their cool because it's a "big" round...Learn how to shoot first, start with something like a 5.56...god
    People that buy a bunch of crap for an entry level AR-15 they paid 700 dollars for and think their badass i.e. holo dot, grip, bipid, laser, light, fake supressor. Bad part is, last time I was at the range, someone had all that crap on there and were shooting at 100 yards...lol
    The scope must be bad since I can't hit the target consistently...no wait, that's your fault dumbass, learn trigger pull, breathing, and correct form.
    Range Nazis
    People that ask for my brass If I wanted to give my brass to you I would have just done so.
    People that pull the trigger 15 times in about 5 seconds and think their badass.Your just ruining my time at the range because you think your Rambo

End rant, I got a crapload of them.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    That the government refuses to acknowledge that the second amendment is unfettered constitutional carry.

People that point guns at me and excuse it by saying it unloaded. All guns are always loaded.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    lol. i don't like jerks that tell me how fast im allowed to shoot. You aint payin' for the ammo! to loud for the guy next to me? it is a fucking gun range for crying out loud.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    That the government refuses to acknowledge that the second amendment is unfettered constitutional carry.

People that point guns at me and excuse it by saying it unloaded. All guns are always loaded.

last time somone did that i pointed right back at em'

(mine was for sure loaded.... i checked)

and then they got all butt hurt... THAT pissed me off.
    ;)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    people who say my .243 is a kids gun and men hunt with a 30/06. I place my shots so i don't need a 30/06.

People who say its ok to ban ar and ak type weapons becouse civilians don't ''need'' them

Company policy that does not allow carrying a firearm and being sent to areas at night where cops pull up and say we should leave the area for our safety.

Sporting goods stores that hire people to work at the firearms counter who don't know the difference between 5.56 and .223

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    As mentioned above:
    Badly trained firearms sales people.
    People that have no safety sense on the range.
    The constant piss poor media relating to anything firearms related.
    The few shooters who give the rest of us a bad rap by there actions.
    The "don't pull you weapon unless your gonna shoot" crowd
    The "only use self defense ammo your local police department uses crowd"

The list could go on and on.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    • People who think they're elite and can carry\own\operate guns but no one else can for any number of picky reasons.
    • Extra tax, waiting periods and paperwork for NFA devices.
    • Machine gun civilian manufacture ban of 1986.
    • People who think open carry is more dangerous than concealed carry.
    • People who think concealed carry is dangerous.
    • Uneducated or bias reporting of gun related events.
    • Anywhere LEOs\ Government agents can go with a gun and us civilians can't.
    • Anyone who treats the 2nd Amendment as a privilege.
    • Gun owners who turn against their own.
    • Guys who give women, girls, kids, or inexperienced shooters magnum\large\unwieldy guns to have fun with them as their first shooting experience for a laugh.
    • Any extra hoops folks think they need to make me jump though in the sale or purchase of a gun.
    and the list goes on.

GlockontheRocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    McAllen, TX
    When I hear that the .380 is inadequate as a defense weapon.
    When the local gunshop know it all is at the range with his "shotty" shooting the actual target holder vs. the target.
    Same guy telling me I'm doing it all wrong. He shoots a glock "millimeter" and puts 18 holes all over the target, and has a few flyers he blames on his rear sight.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    People that say "I'm pro-gun, but..." Only thing that matters is what they say next! Dumb things like "I support NICS checks on all gun sales, even private ones." No. "I think the NFA is a great idea." No. "Those eeeeeevil AK guns need to be watched or they'll rape a puppy!" WTF?!

Top Bottom