• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Caught his speech after winning Iowa tonight and noticed he had nothing but good things to say about Haley, Desantis and Vivek, something about how they all worked hard and ran good campaigns, etc. No boasting about how he wiped them out, no nicknames or insults. Then he went on to just talk about his platform, i.e., energy, the border, the economy, taxes, America first. It's as if maybe he's realized he wants the party as a whole to get on the train together with him. Something he's not really been about since he came on the scene.

Don't get me wrong totally. I honestly enjoyed "some" of his jabs and insults partly because he was saying out loud what myself and many others were thinking and wasn't afraid in the least to do so. However, I think if he sticks to policies, what he's done and will do, and limits the attacks to the real enemy, he's a lock in November.

I wasn't the only one who noticed this. I saw Harold Ford, Jr., a democrat who was on the FNC Iowa caucus coverage tonight, saying the same thing and how he thought Trump looked and sounded very "presidential," in his words. And he's anything but a Trump fan.

Maybe it's just a product of pretty much being a lock for the nomination versus last go-round where he was an unknown quantity and it was up in the air for awhile. But I think it's a good change overall if, in fact, it sticks.
    Capitol Armory ad

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    While many want DJT to win the presidency and I can respect that wish, it isn't going to happen. Anyone not hiding under a rock the past 7 years knows there are forces to keep him out. He is not going to see the inside of WH as president ever again. Sad. Very serious forces worldwide will prevent that, not just Dems who are an afterthought. I voted for him twice and he and his supporters mean well.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Caught his speech after winning Iowa tonight and noticed he had nothing but good things to say about Haley, Desantis and Vivek, something about how they all worked hard and ran good campaigns, etc. No boasting about how he wiped them out, no nicknames or insults. Then he went on to just talk about his platform, i.e., energy, the border, the economy, taxes, America first. It's as if maybe he's realized he wants the party as a whole to get on the train together with him. Something he's not really been about since he came on the scene.

Don't get me wrong totally. I honestly enjoyed "some" of his jabs and insults partly because he was saying out loud what myself and many others were thinking and wasn't afraid in the least to do so. However, I think if he sticks to policies, what he's done and will do, and limits the attacks to the real enemy, he's a lock in November.

I wasn't the only one who noticed this. I saw Harold Ford, Jr., a democrat who was on the FNC Iowa caucus coverage tonight, saying the same thing and how he thought Trump looked and sounded very "presidential," in his words. And he's anything but a Trump fan.

Maybe it's just a product of pretty much being a lock for the nomination versus last go-round where he was an unknown quantity and it was up in the air for awhile. But I think it's a good change overall if, in fact, it sticks.
    If true, this is good.

He absolutely would be better served by sticking to past accomplishments and policies.

Never Trumpers are just that, as S noted above. But studies do seem to indicate there are some folks (middle ground, hispanics, some blacks) who have been hurt by Biden's economic failures and are considering Trump. Harnessing the loose cannon would help with these voters.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    If Trump takes the Iowa victory and goes on a continuous town hall style listening tour in areas where Republicans have traditionally ignored, he would be hard to stop. Parking his bombast and acidic wit would roll out well in many places. Simply asking how he can help would be a huge change in tone that would go miles.

Last edited:

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    If true, this is good.

He absolutely would be better served by sticking to past accomplishments and policies.

Never Trumpers are just that, as S noted above. But studies do seem to indicate there are some folks (middle ground, hispanics, some blacks) who have been hurt by Biden's economic failures and are considering Trump. Harnessing the loose cannon would help with these voters.

100%

Since Iowa probably means Trump wins NH, and that probably means he wins SC, which kinda means Trump has already won the nomination, we need Trump to do whatever it takes to get every possible vote.

We know he annoyed many moderates when he was President, so our only hope is that their memories are sufficiently short-lived,
    AND their displeasure with Biden sufficiently large
    AND that Trump won't annoy them again.

As Havok notes above, we've seen this before, and if this is just a repeat, say hello to President Kamala Harris (because Biden will win, and then die or leave office due to health issues).

Think about that. We have nothing between us and Kamala Harris running the free world except Trump's ability to restrain himself.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I saw a piece of his speech and heard him say that Melania recently attended Rosalyn Carter's funeral with President Carter in attendance. At this point, I expected some kind words about the former president or maybe some positive words about love, marriage or loss. Instead he said, (paraphrasing) Jimmy Carter is loving life because he now knows he is not the worst president in history...that's Biden.

I happen to agree that Carter was a crap president, and I believe Biden is worse, but there is no way I would say to a national audience so soon after Carter's loss.

So, I don't think he has changed and I think we will see this once he makes more appearances in front of the press or in debates with Haley or DeSantis. Some of this is his personality, but it is clearly triggered by others who enjoy pushing his buttons.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    the day before he was blasting someone who dropped out. I hope he tunes it down.

It was funny the first time. But it’s off putting to many. He sometimes comes across as an arrogant white guy.

There’s no one else to stop the current madness that is our government.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    100%

Since Iowa probably means Trump wins NH, and that probably means he wins SC, which kinda means Trump has already won the nomination, we need Trump to do whatever it takes to get every possible vote.

We know he annoyed many moderates when he was President, so our only hope is that their memories are sufficiently short-lived,
    AND their displeasure with Biden sufficiently large
    AND that Trump won't annoy them again.

As Havok notes above, we've seen this before, and if this is just a repeat, say hello to President Kamala Harris (because Biden will win, and then die or leave office due to health issues).

Think about that. We have nothing between us and Kamala Harris running the free world except Trump's ability to restrain himself.
    <>

Sorry, but with we now face in the WEF/NWO/UN/WHO/Pope/deep state/dems; one cannot be a “moderate’’ any longer.

One must choose !

Anyone not with the Patriots is an ENEMY !

Sad situation, but the NAZIS are back. Schwab is Son of prominent NAZIS.

One cannot negotiate with anyone who is intent on killing them and enslaving their descendants !

So, no.

leVieux

<>

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    <>

Sorry, but with we now face in the WEF/NWO/UN/WHO/Pope/deep state/dems; one cannot be a “moderate’’ any longer.

Reminder: World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2024​

Davos 15-19 January 2024... so gas-up your GV.

g5.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I saw a piece of his speech and heard him say that Melania recently attended Rosalyn Carter's funeral with President Carter in attendance. At this point, I expected some kind words about the former president or maybe some positive words about love, marriage or loss. Instead he said, (paraphrasing) Jimmy Carter is loving life because he now knows he is not the worst president in history...that's Biden.
    I happen to agree that Carter was a crap president, and I believe Biden is worse, but there is no way I would say to a national audience so soon after Carter's loss.

So, I don't think he has changed and I think we will see this once he makes more appearances in front of the press or in debates with Haley or DeSantis. Some of this is his personality, but it is clearly triggered by others who enjoy pushing his buttons.
    <>

Well, DJT surely is no hypocrite. . . . .

That is a big part of his appeal to the ‘’Average American’’.

Who isn’t just sick of lying hypocrite politicians ?

leVieux

<>

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Caught his speech after winning Iowa tonight and noticed he had nothing but good things to say about Haley, Desantis and Vivek, something about how they all worked hard and ran good campaigns, etc. No boasting about how he wiped them out, no nicknames or insults.

He will say anything to benefit himself.

He wants them to drop out and get their endorsement.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    He will say anything to benefit himself.

He wants them to drop out and get their endorsement.
    <>

Not exaackerly; but he wants their voters & DONORS. . . . . .

A WINNER should always be gracious in victory.

I haven’t donated to Trump yet, but intend to; and I’d bet many others are waiting, too.

This is We the People vs) the GOP, DNC, Soros cabal, deep state, WEF, etc. !

Our GOD chooses rough Men for His important works. . . . . .

What do you think will happen, Renegade ?

leVieux

<>

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Not exaackerly; but he wants their voters & DONORS. . . . . .

Yes exactly. Two days ago attacking his opponents was best for him. Today he says nice things, that is best for him today. In New Hampshire, he will go on attack again if they did not drop out (Vivek did).

What do you think will happen, Renegade ?

Primary will mostly be determined by Super Tuesday, and lots of folks who need to be primaried in Texas will survive as turnout will be low.

Democrat will win in November and Republicans will be shaking their heads.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Trump's state of the union 2020 address was very bipartisan and appeared to be Trump heading to a new high. Pelosi took the speech and tore it up and I was surprised that he didn't slug her. Trump is Trump and nice is not Trump. He is a fighter and will always be.

Top Bottom