Target Sports

Hello from San Antonio (former Californian; now converter of Californians to Americans via 2A education/training)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KenJ4070

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2024
    San Antonio, TX
    Hello everyone!

Name is Ken. Born and raised in California, wherein it seemed normal and right for the state government to have such onerous rules on firearms.

Joined the Army. Saw the world. Saw the other parts of the United States. Came to understand that we are responsible for our own protection and firearms are a part of that natural right. Got into firearms training with some good guys while at Fort Bragg. Found myself training others in the things that I was learning.

Ended my time in the military in San Antonio where I continue to teach in both formal/informal capacities, including the Texas License To Carry (LTC) course. While in Texas I've taken great joy in exposing other former-Californians to quality firearms training. In doing so, have helped them to understand (contrary to what they were told in California) that possessing/using firearms is well within the capacity of themselves & the vast majority of responsible adults...and if they lied to about that...then there are possibly other things about which they also lied. That's...when they become capable of becoming real Americans.

It's honest work.

Nice to meet you all. Please let me know if you're interested in more information on training!
    Lynx Defense

KenJ4070

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2024
    San Antonio, TX
    Woo, Ken, burning in hot? 16 posts in 20 minutes? Drinking a lot of coffee?
    I'm not much of a forum guy myself.

With that being said, I've found as an instructor that if someone wants to get into something that they don't already do...the best way to to get them fully enmeshed across a broad spectrum of that thing so that it's something that they already so. xD

Also, for coffee: managed to get through 11-years in the military without drinking coffee. Or smoking. Figured...if I didn't get into those...then they'd both work for me WHEN I very much needed them to work. Managed to go through my entire career without those happening.

Now...I drink only 1x cup of coffee a week. At church. So, I guess, the answer is..."yes"...today I drank a lot of coffee (as opposed to my norm of 0-coffee).

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    beer, guns and hot sauce.jpg

382349772_10223870425921136_6109626884519240179_n.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics