DK Firearms

Hello from San Antonio (former Californian; now converter of Californians to Americans via 2A education/training)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you don't mind me asking (again, I'm unfamiliar with forum-operations): how do I message someone about something they have posted? I can't figure out how to Direct Message and apparently I do not have sufficient privileges to post on their page. View attachment 436502

Thanks!
    No problem with you asking. We're here to help.

Generally, you need 10 posts before you get Private Messaging privileges. When you get past that number, your privileges generally update overnight. However, we recently had a forum software update and there have been some small glitches.

If you don't have PMs tomorrow, reply to this post and I'll dig deeper. There's always a way to fix these things.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    Hello everyone!

Name is Ken. Born and raised in California, wherein it seemed normal and right for the state government to have such onerous rules on firearms.

Joined the Army. Saw the world. Saw the other parts of the United States. Came to understand that we are responsible for our own protection and firearms are a part of that natural right. Got into firearms training with some good guys while at Fort Bragg. Found myself training others in the things that I was learning.

Ended my time in the military in San Antonio where I continue to teach in both formal/informal capacities, including the Texas License To Carry (LTC) course. While in Texas I've taken great joy in exposing other former-Californians to quality firearms training. In doing so, have helped them to understand (contrary to what they were told in California) that possessing/using firearms is well within the capacity of themselves & the vast majority of responsible adults...and if they lied to about that...then there are possibly other things about which they also lied. That's...when they become capable of becoming real Americans.

It's honest work.

Nice to meet you all. Please let me know if you're interested in more information on training!

Awesome Ken and glad you made it here in Texas. What part of California are you from? I am from the Bay Area and I worked all over Northern California until I moved to Texas in 2003 but before the moved, I travelled alot and did assignments and training all over the Country most notably Arizona, New Mexico, Georgia, New York and Florida. Before I entered Federal Service I used to work for the Housing Authority in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose and even at one point was part of the anti gang task force rounding up gang members in San Francisco, San Mateo, Alameda, and Santa Clara Counties. I hated the laws passed by at that time State Governor Davis and I said hell no and the only guns I confiscated were from gang members not ordinary plain citizens. I eventually got tired of getting shot at so I decided to enter federal service and did a stint with DOD and US Treasury and now CBP.

Now 22 years later still at this job and ready to finally hang up the gear in 2028. In the meantime I am just like you using my new found passion in helping kids and families volunteering with the 4H and SCTP organizations teaching them marksmanship training and competition training and educating all participants skills needed to win events. In the process my daughter is considered a Championship shotgun competitor in her class and has been offered scholarships to several Universities with shooting teams and I am ready to pass this knowledge to any kids I come into contact and I even work with their parents. I am also happy to say that I am even working with several families from California and brought their kids here to train with the best as Texas shooters and programs are highly respected among the California gun community.

I hope to meet you in San Antonio as my wife family lives there and I constantly visit often plus we attend NSCA tournaments in National Shooting Complex as well as 4H events at the San Antonio Shooting Club. in Olmos Park.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    IMG_8319.jpeg

Top Bottom