• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I have a couple of Holosun optics and like them, so I decided to put a new SCS on an H&K VP9. The SCS is made for the pistol and doesn't require an adaptor plate. Had an awful time getting the H&K screws out to remove the cover plate. Followed the instructions for mounting the Holosun and everything looked ready to go. Took it to the range and fired one shot. POW! Something struck me in the forehead - hard! The case dropped on the bench in front of me, so I thought that's what hit me, and was surprised because that had never happened before. Then I realized that the Holosun was on the floor instead of on top of the pistol. The cheap screws that came with it both sheared off and sent the sight flying. In the picture you can see the remains of the screws in the top of the slide. To it's credit, for the millisecond that it worked, the sight put that one bullet almost dead-on the center of the target. Technically, it also hit the dead center of my forehead. I called Holosun to share my angst and the rep said that was really unusual and didn't normally happen. Then he told me what their standard payout was for having the screw fragments removed from the slide. I instantly knew he lied to me, but decided not to send the conversation in that direction. I called a gunsmith and will take the slide there next week so it can - hopefully - get fixed. (As an option, Holosun will let you send the slide to them for servicing.) Here's another thing: On their product web site, Holosun charges $3 EACH for replacement screws, and I'm willing to bet they're the same crap as they sent with the sight. For that level of quality you should get 100 screws for $3. Before someone asks, the sight still works.
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
      aaa.jpg
      240.2 KB · Views: 19
    • aaaa.jpg
      aaaa.jpg
      363.1 KB · Views: 20

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Holy cheapness… made in ChY-NA?

(just kidding… I don’t know where they are made… I generally like Holosun too)

maybe just get a full refund and put a U.S.A. made Crimson Trace on it? At least methinks they are US made

glad your eyes are OK… I presume you had safety glasses on. Screw fragments in the eyeball = bad

and pretty good shooting! Considering you didn’t get a chance to adjust the sight!

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Terrible. Are you sure it's genuine and not a fake? Where did you purchase?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The sight is real. I registered it on their web site before installing it. The sight did well, but why they insist on using screws from a large country that rhymes with "myna", I don't know. I was wearing glasses, but the thing hit me in the forehead above my glasses. Fortunately there wasn't much it could have done to my face to make it worse.

There are a lot of otherwise pretty good manufacturers that will use cast parts to save a buck or two.

Top Bottom