Patriot Mobile

Home Owner VS Robbers - Ellis County - Case for High Cap Mags?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Two suspects dead in Ellis County break-in attempt | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Investigators said the homeowner and the suspects exchanged a significant amount of gunfire, with some rounds penetrating the walls of the residence.

One suspect was shot by bullets from the homeowner and was dead at the scene, although his death may have been self-inflicted, deputies said.
    0320maypearlthreemi.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Thats a bit odd I've never heard of a burglar shooting himself after a failed robbery attempt, I guess the shame was to much to handle.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Even if the guy who died on-scene didn't shoot himself (the other guy supposedly did, be interesting to see how that one pans out), his death was self-inflicted, in a sense. If you're stupid enough to break into someone's home, you should accept the inherent risks.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Thats a bit odd I've never heard of a burglar shooting himself after a failed robbery attempt, I guess the shame was to much to handle.

Couldn't help but be reminded of Doc Holiday's line in Tombstone.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Oklahoma teens fatally shot in Texas home invasion - Houston Chronicle

So this was two teens who'd stolen a parents ford ranger and set off

Palmer said Wednesday that Kenneth Chaffin had taken nine handguns, six rifles and two shotguns from his parents' home. and 2,000 rounds of ammo.

Early Wednesday, Oklahoma sheriff's officials issued an alert for national law enforcement to be on the lookout for Chaffin who they said had run away from home Monday. The alert said he had stolen his parents' red 1991 Ford Ranger pickup truck, a stash of prescription medication, 17 guns and 2,000 rounds of ammunition.

Richard-SSV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    One thing that irritates me about this story is the way our local Fox news station reported the story. Fox hardly gave any real details about what happened, and then a very edited blurb from the local police supporting gun ownership. Then if you read the CBS version, it is filled with a great deal of detail, including the unedited version of the local police praising the homeowners for owning guns.

I had always thought that Fox was supposed to be the conservative news organization that supported Republican views, i.e- pro guns. However, after reading their article I can't help but feel that their intention was to focus on the crazy ass teenagers with a truck full of guns, rather than give the details about how law abiding gun owners protected themselves. Here are links to the articles:

Two would-be robbers shot dead in Maypearl - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com
    Two Dead After Shooting At Maypearl Home « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

LunaticFringeInc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    North Texas
    Investigators said the homeowner and the suspects exchanged a significant amount of gunfire, with some rounds penetrating the walls of the residence.

According to Uncle Joe, you dont need high capacity mags and those evil semi auto assault weapons, what you need is to get a double barrel shotgun, step out on the patio and fire 2 rounds in the air and that will have them running, problem solved. And to think this knucklehead is the vice president...it just doesnt get much scarier than that does it? I guess the up side is he aint worried about Guam tipping over if we move 5000 marines from Okinawa to Guam. Maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope for America after all...

Last edited:

Flyingswords

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Smiths Station AL
    According to Uncle Joe, you dont need high capacity mags and those evil semi auto assault weapons, what you need is to get a double barrel shotgun, step out on the patio and fire 2 rounds in the air and that will have them running, problem solved. And to think this knucklehead is the vice president...it just doesnt get much scarier than that does it? I guess the up side is he aint worried about Guam tipping over if we move 5000 marines from Okinawa to Guam. Maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope for America after all...

Either that or it tips over and falls into the Mariana Trench (Challenger Deep) since it sits not too far from it lol

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This is a very predictable cause and effect relationship and it's a shame that more criminals can't figure out that the odds are stacked against them in a free, armed society.

I have NO problems with the outcome of this saga!

Flash

granite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Wow. I know they were saving their own lives, but I would suspect they saved a dozen or more lives with their actions. I don't think this was gonna be the only stop these kids made.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    More like a case of two mentally disturbed teens, bound in a suicide pact, who drove away from home, made a flap in North Texas, then offed themselves. They got what they wanted.

Top Bottom