Venture Surplus ad

"Hope for the best, but prep for the worst" = I'm insane?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I officially hate trying to explain my logic on self-defense/concealed carry to liberals, Australians, and idiots in general. I've spent the past two hours now trying to explain to someone on another forum I frequent that him carrying a 5" blade in his pocket (which is actually a felony in his area) is no different than someone else legally carrying a 9mm semi-automatic pistol. Apparently, he thinks that the person with a gun is (and I quote) "completely irrational and a danger to others", whereas his knife is perfectly acceptable because it's apparently "a good bit less dangerous" (again, quoting him there).

He also thinks I'm "crazy, irrational, and a threat to the public" for believing that, simply because something is unlikely doesn't mean you shouldn't at least consider being prepared for it, while conveniently ignoring the fact that his own logic for carrying the blade is similar to mine for carrying a gun (I'd rather have it but not need it than need it and not have it).

Anyone else have any "memorable" experiences with idiots that they'd like to share?

And yes, FWIW, I'm mad as hell and just needed to vent. This was a shitload more convenient than waiting 'til next weekend's range trip, which may not even happen if my dad has to work again.
    Guns International

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    The argument in question was going on for about.... *checks timestamps* three days before I joined TGT, and is actually still going on. I check that thread when I'm not busy lurking/stalking/posting here.

And if you think 90 posts in two days is insane... I've cleared 200 in a day on the other forum (the one this debate-turned-shitstorm is on).

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    My motto is "Don't argue with idiots. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I also try to avoid educating everyone on the internet. It is waste of time.

That being said I have a friend that voted for Obama while going to the bank to move his money around. Sometimes there just aren't the right words.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    So-you-are-mad-about-something-625x1425.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Usually when dealing with mouthy idiots on forums, I just wait and let 'em sink themselves. You can usually tell who they are - join in, start off trying to "assert" themselves by posting shit all over without any real knowledge.

They don't last long 'til their alligator mouth overloads their hummingbird asses.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I never was a touchy/feely/huggy kind of guy but since I retired, I don't give a rats ass what people think of me or if they agree with me. I'm just as happy to let Liberals stew in their own ignorance.

Gotta admit, I like being able to share some of the experiences that I've had. If you can picture a single guy with no family who goes from one adventure to another for 50 years.....that's me. I've been messing with guns for over 1/2 century and have learned a lot! If folks don't agree with me because they read some foolish post on the Internet based upon another foolish post somewhere else, that's just fine with me!

Flash

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013

I've been looking for this... Lost the link I had bookmarked for it when my browser shit itself a while back.

I try to end things around level 2, though it can be fun to move on to level 3 if I can tell the other guy is gonna end up doing himself in, though that asterisk will occasionally apply to me ('cause let's face it, fireballs are fun).

Oh, and Alex. I know you've got a raging hate-on for me, but do us all a favor and keep it in your pants, okay? Pretty sure no one else gives a shit, and that what you just did is a violation of section rules (or did you miss the "No personal attacks" line?).

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    200 posts in one day?

200 posts in about.... Fourteen hours, yeah (granted, that was back when there were a good number of decently interesting threads running). Think I went through three 2-liter bottles of Dr Pepper that day.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Oh, and Alex. I know you've got a raging hate-on for me, but do us all a favor and keep it in your pants, okay? Pretty sure no one else gives a shit, and that what you just did is a violation of section rules (or did you miss the "No personal attacks" line?).

Really? You can go **** yourself.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    If ya think I'm wrong, then prove it. Otherwise, take your own advice, and then go take a chill pill. Better yet, just chug the whole fuckin' bottle.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Otherwise, take your own advice, and then go take a chill pill. Better yet, just chug the whole fuckin' bottle.

I'm not the one that got mad at the internet, then ranted about it an a public internet forum.

Btw, chill pills can not be chugged. They are not liquid.

Top Bottom