• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    Hello everyone! Just joined the forum and am looking forward to meeting everyone. My name is Adam Devine and I'm the co-owner of Ranger Point Precision LLC in Cypress, TX (Houston) which we started two years ago. Looks like a great forum!
    Capitol Armory ad

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    Yes. We specialize in barrel accuracy and performance including: barrel replacements (match grade, turned), threading, custom machined muzzle brakes, shortening and recrowning, reaming and caliber conversions. Most of our general gunsmith services are listed here with pricing.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Adam, have you ever removed a barrel from a CZ527? I've heard from a reputable and well-established riflesmith it can be quite a challenge.

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    I could buy a new barrel at $200 for rethread and crown!

It might not be clear enough on the pricing page. That $200 threading fee is for a Marlin lever action, which requires full gun disassembly, removal of the barrel, and shortening of the magazine tube, not to mention repositioning the front sight. For all that work, $200 is pretty reasonable. Most bolt actions can be threaded for much less without barrel removal.

RangerPointPrecision

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Cypress, TX (Houston)
    Adam, have you ever removed a barrel from a CZ527? I've heard from a reputable and well-established riflesmith it can be quite a challenge.

I believe your 'smith is correct. My understanding is that barrel removal is exceedingly difficult. But we have not done it ourselves. We've done bedding and trigger work on CZ centerfire rifles, but most of the work we've done is on the rimfire rifles and 75 type pistols.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I believe your 'smith is correct. My understanding is that barrel removal is exceedingly difficult. But we have not done it ourselves. We've done bedding and trigger work on CZ centerfire rifles, but most of the work we've done is on the rimfire rifles and 75 type pistols.

Thanks Adam. Reason I ask is that I had my 527's barrel cut down and re-crowned. By the naked eye, it appears to me that the muzzle is now not square to the barrel. He also put a target crown when I specifically asked for recessed crown. I know he did all of this without even removing the barreled action from the stock. I should add that this is not the same 'smith I mentioned in my previous post. I need to get this issue resolved, and may opt for threading/thread protector.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It sounds like you are offering something that has been missing here for so long. A reliable place to get barrels threaded is a huge step.forward.

Welcome aboard!!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    ................................most of the work we've done is on the rimfire rifles and 75 type pistols.

I did not see a price on your website for pistol trigger jobs.

Got a CZ-75B that has a real bad trigger. Had work done before by a CZ dealer near you the helped the DA, but the SA still sucks. Any idea about a price to smooth that out? (It is not an omega and bright Stainless, so any visible replacement parts would have to match original.)

Top Bottom