• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    ASC is over an hour for some of us (1.5 for me) but its well worth the drive to meet up with this bunch. The next couple of months will be at whatever indoor range we can get in at though.

As far as the start time, it was posted on the first post which Tejano Scott was keeping updated as well as being repeatedly mentioned in the thread but sorry we packed up before you could make it out. I know alot of us prefer getting started as early as possible to beat some of that mid-day heat and it generally works out perfectly where its time for lunch when we're done shooting but I guess its something to consider.

I saw the suggested starting time and I also knew that some of you like to start early. However, the last time the shooting went on until the afternoon...and the drive is not that big of a deal either, I just didn't anticipate the early finish...

I did find out that if I want to shoot with you guys, I will have to start earlier.
    Guns International

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I saw the suggested starting time and I also knew that some of you like to start early. However, the last time the shooting went on until the afternoon...and the drive is not that big of a deal either, I just didn't anticipate the early finish...

I did find out that if I want to shoot with you guys, I will have to start earlier.

Yeah the only thing "set in stone" for us is the start time. We'll go as long as we possibly can. The later you start, the hotter it is. If we would have started this last one any later, we would have been rained out(which would have started right about the time you got to the range).

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Somebody print this on a shirt so Chuck can wear it next range day

http://www.everfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/****-the-Police.jpg

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I'm down for this range day. I live walking distance from the range, so I will open carry my long guns over my shoulder and walk there. ;)

SGA can get expensive if we stay there all day. They charge $16/hr, though there are no charges per firearm, so bring your whole arsenal. :D

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I'm down for this range day. I live walking distance from the range, so I will open carry my long guns over my shoulder and walk there. ;)

SGA can get expensive if we stay there all day. They charge $16/hr, though there are no charges per firearm, so bring your whole arsenal. :D

Thats awesome Alex, I look forward to meeting you. We're not 100% guaranteed on SGA yet, still need some confirmation but that's where we are leaning.

Hope you had a good birthday weekend.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I think everyone will enjoy SGA. They have nice facilities and much better sound deadening than any other indoor range on the north side of town.

I did have a great time this weekend, but perhaps not my cousin. His Audi broke down in San Antonio (while en route from Houston to west Texas), so we had to drive 2hrs back to San Antonio to pick up a car hauler to tow his broke down POS. All in all though, we all still had a lot of fun, if only because we'll have stories to tell for years to come lol.

178744_3382941582863_1468979057_o.jpg

AaronP220

Mr. Sarcasm
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    NW Houston Tx
    With a track day this weekend, my birthday next weekend, my wife's dads birthday the following and then another track day the following weekend after that, July is going to be hard for me to get out and shoot.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    What track days are you going to? I do SUO and Time Trials with NASA, as well as most every HPDE at TWS and MSR-Houston. I may have met you before! :D I used to be in a blue C6 Z06 SUO w2w racecar, now I'm in a bone stock black C6 Z06 Centennial/Carbon and race strictly HPDE.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Getting that many people in an indoor range in one group during normal business hours will be a bit of a challenge, unless someone has a friend who owns a range or something. I had a good time at ASC and don't mind driving a little ways to another outdoor range, but y'all let me know either way I'll be there. My weekends are pretty much free (for now).

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I hear ya Whiskey, we are trying to get some private range time or some reserved lanes. Benenglish is there now speaking with SGA and I'm awaiting what he finds out. I'm hoping we can find a range to accommodate 15-20 people which is about what we average for our turnouts. If we continue to grow, which I suspect we will, then we will be beyond the ability of most/all indoor ranges to house us.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...we are trying to get some private range time or some reserved lanes. Benenglish is there now speaking with SGA and I'm awaiting what he finds out. I'm hoping we can find a range to accommodate 15-20 people...

SGA does NOT do range rentals/reservations on Saturdays; they're too packed. However, they will do them on Sundays for the first two or three hours of the day.

Does Sunday the 22nd, 9am to noon, work for most of us?

Top Bottom