• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    <>

Even way back when I was a student, before 1969, we had 4th generation WELFARE families. They didn’t even have the concept of working for a living.

<>
    Now that's what's wrong with society, IMHO, the government feeds and supports them from birth and does not require them to learn a vocational skill. I think if you don't try helping yourself, you don't get help.
    Target Sports

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    This is what makes me terrified to live in major cities like Houston. What happens if there's a food shortage? Or another 'great freeze' and people start breaking into other people's homes to survive. We already have daily violent crime, imagine how many hundreds of people would die every day in a crisis.

It makes me want to live in the middle of the woods with a moat and a PKM on my roof.

I wonder if my home owners association would be OK with a moat?

But yeah, big cities will go south in a hurry, just look at the chaos that Katrina created.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Now that's what's wrong with society, IMHO, the government feeds and supports them from birth and does not require them to learn a vocational skill. I think if you don't try helping yourself, you don't get help.
    andthey continue to perpetrate a class of people who vote for all the politiciansthat promise them a free ridethrough life with no participation on their part!

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Now that's the problem, the kids they are having to keep their checks coming are the ones having babies so they can collect. My baby sister is one of them, I call her constantly and harass her, her son and daughter are on welfare, and they have kids that will probably do the same thing, not something I'm proud of but nothing I can do about it. I know when we were kids Dad and Mom got commodities, not the same as getting money. you got actual food. I have never even drawn unemployment, let alone welfare.

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Self defense isn’t a crime.
    It SHOULDN'T be a crime. Yet in contemporary society all reasoning, logic, and rational conclusion has been quite literally flipped. On many occasions the criminal is a hero and the defender immediately loses his freedom and civil liberties with lenghty incarceration while awaiting trial. Then the so called justice system often finds find HIM guilty in some manner for his act of self defense. Though FINALLY ruled "not guilty", Kyle Rittenhouse is a prime example of how completely obvious self defense can, and nowadays usually DOES, rain hellfire down on the life of the defender. Kyle lost a LOT of valuable time from what should be the most beautiful years of life, just for trying to preserve it.

At the earlist beginnings of the BLM and ANTIFA riots I told my family and other known 2A advocates that if a situation necessitated defense with deadly force to be prepared mentally and emotionally with the high probability of instantly becoming a criminal in the eyes of the liberal half of the population AND the sickly twisted judicial system. Even a dummy like myself could see it coming a mile away that since they had not yet been able to disarm the public they were going to send a strong message to 2A citizens by making a gross example of anyone resorting to deadly self defense. It would be done by a widely publicized BRUTAL application of perverted justice.

I plagerized this line from a movie and it's quite fitting: "YESTERDAY'S HERO IS TODAY'S CRIMINAL"

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Immediate death penalty for all violent crime with a gun.
    I strongly disagree with most conservatives about the death penalty for ONE reason:

I don't trust our evil justice to never execute an innocent person. It's already been done before, even in times past when the justice system may not have been as corrupt overall, though there were plenty of instances of corruption. For me, just the possibility of ONE life being wrongly executed is enough reason to toss out yhe death penalty and spend all the money to give a life sentence without parole.

Some have been wrongly executed on purpose by evil officials. Others have been wrongly executed unknowingly because all available evidence convinced the jury beyond reasonable doubt. The advent of DNA technology has CLEARLY proven how some on death row are not guilty and thank God their lives were spared. They will never get back the lost years of incarceration but at least can live free for whatever time they have left.

If we have laws on the books to execute those that everyone KNOWS committed a horrible crime, those same laws will allow a completely innocent person to sometimes be executed.

Having said all that, I ABSOLUTELY do not want violent criminals back out in the street. They should lose all rights to be among the civilized. Those that behave like animals should have a zoo-like facility constructed for them. They should live in an open air cage with a shelter like a dog house or maybe a bear cave for inclimate weather. The public should be allowed to go view them and throw food to them on the ground through the bars. If they want to live like wild violent animals, give them a compound designed for such that keeps them from roaming freely amongst humans.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Interesting discussion.
    I'm with Deemus on this one.
    Bang. Flop. Next.
    I DO SUPPRT STATES THAT HAVE THE DEATH PENALTY AND THAT USE IT DON'T SUPPORT SENTENCESOF LIFE WITHOUT THE POSSIBILTY OF PAROLE BECAUSE IMO THAT IS CRUEL AND UNUSAL PUNISHMENTPRISON IS ABOUT PUNISHMENT NOT REHABILITATION AND DEATH IS THE MOST EXTREMEPUNISHMENT RESERVED FOR MOST HEINOUS OF CRIMINAL ACTS BUT @deemus BROUGHT UP SOME EXELLENT POINTS ABOUT THE DEATH PENALTY!

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    Look how many killers have been on deathrow for 20 years. Their victim didn't get to live. Eye for an Eye is how I feel. If some SOB kills somebody in my family, I'm so old, they wouldn't live 20 years on deathrow.
    catch my drift.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don't trust our evil justice to never execute an innocent person.
    Ditto. I really wish I could support the death penalty. It's usually the right thing to do in many cases.

And humans will use it in error occasionally.

The occasionally outweighs the usually.

tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    I strongly disagree with most conservatives about the death penalty for ONE reason:

I don't trust our evil justice to never execute an innocent person. It's already been done before, even in times past when the justice system may not have been as corrupt overall, though there were plenty of instances of corruption. For me, just the possibility of ONE life being wrongly executed is enough reason to toss out yhe death penalty and spend all the money to give a life sentence without parole.

Some have been wrongly executed on purpose by evil officials. Others have been wrongly executed unknowingly because all available evidence convinced the jury beyond reasonable doubt. The advent of DNA technology has CLEARLY proven how some on death row are not guilty and thank God their lives were spared. They will never get back the lost years of incarceration but at least can live free for whatever time they have left.

If we have laws on the books to execute those that everyone KNOWS committed a horrible crime, those same laws will allow a completely innocent person to sometimes be executed.

Having said all that, I ABSOLUTELY do not want violent criminals back out in the street. They should lose all rights to be among the civilized. Those that behave like animals should have a zoo-like facility constructed for them. They should live in an open air cage with a shelter like a dog house or maybe a bear cave for inclimate weather. The public should be allowed to go view them and throw food to them on the ground through the bars. If they want to live like wild violent animals, give them a compound designed for such that keeps them from roaming freely amongst humans.
    I agree somewhat. if they prove beyond the shadow of a doubt, yes, bring Old Sparky out of moth balls.
    In some country, they use the firing squad, an official loads the weapons, only one of five has a real round in it so nobody knows who did the deed.
    These defense lawyers don't care if their client is guilty or innocent, they are in it for the money.
    Another thing, if the judge turns a killer out on parole or probation or even bond and that one kills again, hold the judge responsible.

Remember the Louisiana Policeman that was killed at The Galería Mall and robbed in Houston. the guy that shot the cop was out on bond for aggravated assault., they robbed the cop to get money for his friends' bond money who was in jail for aggravated assault.

Top Bottom