• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I got a ticket earlier today and I want to deal with it. What does a traffic lawyer cost? How often do the cops show up? How do you deal with them?
    Capitol Armory ad

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    For you! You're a cop! I'd laugh at the sheep that give up and pay!

Of course I was speeding but I don't believe in speed limits. I feel as though I was driving safely. So I want to see if the cop won't show up.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast

Of course I was speeding but I don't believe in speed limits. I feel as though I was driving safely. So I want to see if the cop won't show up.

I knew another guy who didn't believe in speed limits. He was doing over 90mph when he struck the car my daughter was in and killed her. The speed limit was 35 mph. He's doing time, wonder if he believes in them now?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Most lawyers will just push your ticket out two years by stalling the system. I've had two tickets where I know I wasn't speeding but got cited. (watching the speedo before I approached the speed change very conscious of what I was doing Tomball TX).

At the time work wouldn't allow me the time fight them. It was very frustrating paying all the court costs and the ticket when I knew the charges were bogus.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I knew another guy who didn't believe in speed limits. He was doing over 90mph when he struck the car my daughter was in and killed her. The speed limit was 35 mph. He's doing time, wonder if he believes in them now?

I do not believe in utter negligence, just because I dont believe in speed limits. Im sorry for your loss; But like with guns here is proof that the speed limit law did nothing to save your daughter.

For the record the alleged speed was 41 in a 30.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

Wait...I must have missed something. You WERE speeding, but YOU dont believe in speed limits. Surely you jest. The cop will more than likely show up as he is more than likely either on duty OR getting paid overtime to go to court. The urban legend that "the cop wont show up" is ficticious for the most part.

But, going back to hat you said first...so if we dont believe in a law we should just be free to disobey it???

Let me get comfortable...this should be good.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I do not believe in utter negligence, just because I dont believe in speed limits. Im sorry for your loss; But like with guns here is proof that the speed limit law did nothing to save your daughter.

No it did not save her, but the jack hole that killed her is locked up because of it. That means it may have saved someone else, maybe even you.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio

Kak, this is one of those times when not saying anything else would be your best course of action.

By your logic, since those who murder people violate the murder statute, why have a murder statute? Your logic makes no sense. Since you were speeding, take the defensive driving or pay the fine and dont speed anymore.

I dont think you will find much sympathy around here.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    But, going back to hat you said first...so if we dont believe in a law we should just be free to disobey it???

Like i said its just like guns, the law doesn't stop anyone from speeding now. Let us be.

I also believe if you are prepared to live with the consequences of breaking the law than you should break it all you want. I go a speed that I think is safe, not what the government thinks is a safe speed for a box van. Here I am dealing with it. Im not mad at the cop he was just enforcing the law, and doing his job. I have a Valentine 1 radar detector that has kept me out of trouble for over 2 years, before I got it I was getting way too many tickets. The only reason I got one today was because it was turned down all the way. I was annoyed by it last night.

I accepted the ticket and never talked back to the cop or argued to him. I signed his page thing and I was on my way.

Contrary to what this viewpoint might lead someone to believe I really never go much more than 10-15 over. Maybe 20 in a stupid place.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The law actually stops a lot of people from speeding. Many people believe in obeying the law. I dont know which is more disturbing...your attempt to get out of a ticket you admit you deserve and your lack of respect for the law or your complete disdain for those who use the road along side you.

Simply unbelieveable...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom