DK Firearms

How much could you pay for a Stetson cowboy hat?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Watch this video from Business Insider YouTube channel. The cost now is above my pay grade for sure. Although back in 1980s I did go to the Stetson outlet store in Garland, TX and get one to fit my developing urban cowboy image.
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      7.8 KB · Views: 103

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    One year at work I was told I had to dress western for the rodeo. I said I would dress but I was going to wear a gun & so it was agreed. I dropped $350.00 on a really nice XX beaver not because i wanted to spend that much but because the hat looked mighty fine. I wore that hat once! 10 years later I sold it & made money on it! I wish I could have done the same with the shit kickers I bought.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    A Stetson hat can range from a couple of hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars depending of the quality of the felt and other factors.

Many years ago, a very large portion of all beaver pelts were used for making hats. A lot were even shipped to England for hat making.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Paris Hatters in San Antonio. I think it's still there. I bought an LBJ-Style Stetson back in the 1980s, and paid about $150 for it - a lot back then!

I rarely wore it and it disappeared somewhere along the way.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    I bought a 6X about 10 years ago and paid about $350 at Paris Hatters. I recall the 10X being over a grand. I still wear it in the rain, excellent rain had no soak thru.

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Bought my 10x from "The Hat Store," in Houston when I was down at MD Anderson for treatment.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eli

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    I've got a 10X Stetson that I bought in the early 80's. Sadly it's too small for me now. I've had it stretched a couple of times, but it shrinks right back to the same size.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I have a couple of Stetsons, one is a XXXX Gun Club that is just like new. I just never did like it. I looks a lot like the one that @kyletxria1911a1 posted that Raylon is wearing.
    My main hat for the last several years is a Charlie 1 Horse. As comfortable as an old pair of shoes and it shows a lot of wear.
    I've been meaning to get a new hat that isn't beat up and sweat stained. I need to sell that Gun Club and buy me a new one.

Top Bottom