Venture Surplus ad

How's The Weather In Mumbai Or Is It Karachii?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    We used to have the ability to block telemarketers, but no longer for technical reasons my wife can't really explain. (or I'm too dumb to understand) She's the designated house techno-person that takes care of those pesky problems.

This ignorance on my part is no problem for me, as I enjoy the 3/4 calls from India or maybe it's Pakistan we get daily.

They start off saying their name is Bob or maybe Adam, in a heavily Indian or Pakistani accented sing-song voice, while I can hear the other voices in their boiler room, busily pestering other Americans ...they then tell me they're calling for some obscure Medicare bs reason to 'save me' money.

Then I ask: "How's The Weather In Mumbai Or Is It Karachii?"

Then, all I hear is a dial tone.

Doing this is mean of me, but FUN!
    ARJ Defense ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I tend not to answer my phone unless it someone I know. I did pick one up a while ago while sick. It was Bob, who asked how I was doing? I told him I was sick as phuc with the Covid.

I said Bob why in the phuc do you feel the need to straight up & phuching lie to me? We both know your name aint phuching Bob. We both know damn well your most likely in a call center in Mumbai or some other god forsaking turd wold shithole place in India. I most of upset Bob because he told me to go phuc myself! We exchanged phuc your back & forth for a while before bob finally hung up.

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    This technique just produces more scam calls. I have my phone set to not ring if they are not in my contact list. Important calls not in the list can leave a voice message. I call them back. Scammers don't leave a voice message. I then make a new contact for important calls so that next time they ring. This has really worked well for me.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    This technique just produces more scam calls. I have my phone set to not ring if they are not in my contact list. Important calls not in the list can leave a voice message. I call them back. Scammers don't leave a voice message. I then make a new contact for important calls so that next time they ring. This has really worked well for me.
    I do the same. My message is if you don't leave a message You will not be called back.

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    If I get a call from someone with an Indian accent saying his name is David, I just put on my own accent and say my name is Patel and we could be related. Gets them off the phone pronto.

Top Bottom