Lynx Defense

HR 6981 Legislation Introduced that would Eliminate and make Illegal Private Church Security and others.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    Yep... These fools are at it again. The "Preventing Private Military Act of 2024" introduced by Democrats. This bill would re-classify church security teams as "Paramilitary Organizations" and make the terrorist groups essentially.

What makes this worse is this is partly sponsored by Senator Laphonza Butler who was APPOINTED by Gavin Newsome and not elected to fill that seat until the election.

Capitol Armory ad

HtownARAK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Houston
    Just read through it and not once saw any mention of religion, churches, or church security teams being made illegal.

It says paramilitary which is described as: "The term ‘private paramilitary organization’ means any group of 3 or more persons associating under a command structure for the purpose of functioning in public or training to function in public as a combat, combat support, law enforcement, or security services unit."

Another thing of note is that it must involve:
    “(A) travel across a State line or national border; or interstate.
    Which again unless these church security teams are driving across states that would be a no issue.

Which if a church security is made of volunteer's or individuals who wish to defend their church wouldn't fall under such a thing. Still I'm sure it may be interpreted in a wrong manner, but the above source is a bit of a stretch. I would recommend reading the bills straight from the source instead. thttps://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/3589/text

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Just read through it and not once saw any mention of religion, churches, or church security teams being made illegal.

It says paramilitary which is described as: "The term ‘private paramilitary organization’ means any group of 3 or more persons associating under a command structure for the purpose of functioning in public or training to function in public as a combat, combat support, law enforcement, or security services unit."

Another thing of note is that it must involve:
    “(A) travel across a State line or national border; or interstate.
    Which again unless these church security teams are driving across states that would be a no issue.

Which if a church security is made of volunteer's or individuals who wish to defend their church wouldn't fall under such a thing. Still I'm sure it may be interpreted in a wrong manner, but the above source is a bit of a stretch. I would recommend reading the bills straight from the source instead. thttps://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/3589/text

Ok, so if some folks live in a border town and goes to church across a state line and they're part of the security team that'd check all the boxes you just listed, and that's IF it is indeed a requirement to travel interstate.

It would also apparently outlaw large private security firms just by going off what you stated. I work for one of the largest security companies in the US, and we have a special team made up of officers from all across the country that is deployable to reinforce security teams in disaster zones, or to take emergency contracts (typically government or healthcare / energy clients) following a disaster. Just going there by "3 or more people" and "security services unit" covers that, then throw in state lines and training (being on the team affords increased training opportunity and requires you be licensed for armed work)

This is a terrible bill and needs to die in committee. It will be used to persecute people more than stopping terrorism. More scare tactics by the left and no doubt will find support by RINOs everywhere.

HtownARAK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Houston
    Ok, so if some folks live in a border town and goes to church across a state line and they're part of the security team that'd check all the boxes you just listed, and that's IF it is indeed a requirement to travel interstate.

It would also apparently outlaw large private security firms just by going off what you stated. I work for one of the largest security companies in the US, and we have a special team made up of officers from all across the country that is deployable to reinforce security teams in disaster zones, or to take emergency contracts (typically government or healthcare / energy clients) following a disaster. Just going there by "3 or more people" and "security services unit" covers that, then throw in state lines and training (being on the team affords increased training opportunity and requires you be licensed for armed work)

This is a terrible bill and needs to die in committee. It will be used to persecute people more than stopping terrorism. More scare tactics by the left and no doubt will find support by RINOs everywhere.
    Yeah, your points are very true and things I didn't consider. That being said I do not think this bill is good or made with well intentions, I was arguing more against that the source the poster got it from and the poster was painting it as some anti-christian anti-religious bill, which i think makes it look like we don't understand what the bill is, a reduction in being able to protest or organize as citizens as the broad descriptions mean you now fall under a "paramilitary" definition.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    painting it as some anti-christian anti-religious bill
    That is because it is. When covid hit, and they were restricting things what did they go after first? It wasn't Walmart, it wasn't event venues, it wasn't.... They hit, fined, and closed church's as well as small companies and mom and pop shops first. Yet allowed other places to stay open. They never actually went after the corporations funny enough.

Also note I said "and others". I train and run qualifications for multiple school's, church's as well as private security companies. This would hit them hard, as smaller companies they don't have the cash to fight back.

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    Thanks for the Head Up Doc,

I have written our Senators and Representative to express our concerns regarding this proposed Bill.

I feel like I'm pissing up a wet rope but not sure what else an average citizen can do?

If anyone has any other advice / suggestions on what we can do - please advise.

Thanks, gamboolman....

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    ol Cornyn & McConnell - control too much money in the GOP to get kicked out. i.e. nobody with enough funds to run against them. Same with Munchkin.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    HR 6981 is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State..............
    Funny enough we even have a legal definition on the books for this.

"§246. Militia: composition and classes
    (b) The classes of the militia are—

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    That is because it is. When covid hit, and they were restricting things what did they go after first? It wasn't Walmart, it wasn't event venues, it wasn't.... They hit, fined, and closed church's as well as small companies and mom and pop shops first. Yet allowed other places to stay open. They never actually went after the corporations funny enough.

Also note I said "and others". I train and run qualifications for multiple school's, church's as well as private security companies. This would hit them hard, as smaller companies they don't have the cash to fight back.

THIS is true!

The PLANdemic 'flu' control freaks went after Churches, Temples, Mosques, small stores, smaller restaurants, small businesses from a to z, etc.

They went after the CONGREGATION even in OPEN AIR SPACES and even where some places of worship had people parked in their OWN private parking lots while they SAT in their vehicles.

They literally BANNED Priests and Pastors for giving communion.

Many traditional priests and pastors spoke up and they GOT into trouble from their own higher ups IN POWER because the county, city, state or feds went to them and complained about the priests/pastors SPEAKING UP.

Some 'men' - priests/pastors were taken away from their parish DUTIES (Real news!) because they DARED TO SPEAK UP AGAINST the tyrants and rules even if some of their congregation DID have the Trump/Fauci kill shots and BOOSTERS and wore their stupid diaper masks while they sat AWAY from other people in their pews.

The GOVERNMENT basically took away the people's RIGHT TO WORSHIP in their own way - INSIDE or outside of a building due to the TYRANTS in control.

They DENIED many immediate family members and close friends to be with their loved ones in hospitals, nursing homes, etc. even if they were dying a slow death or VERY CLOSE TO DEATH.

The TYRANTS should NEVER EVER BE ALLOWED to do this again and, in fact, every single person who has a loved one and gets denied from seeing them or having a priest or pastor DENY the patient communion or the last rites - that person should immediately REMOVE the loved one from that FACILITY aka prison warehouse and take them HOME TO DIE in the loved one's home AWAY FROM THE NAZI LIKE control freaks!

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I know some very TRADITIONAL people who do go to another state for their old fashioned Sunday worship and for other Holy Days.

Both states are 'carry' states. They do border one another.

Some of the very traditional people do NOT CHOOSE to carry a firearm and some of them do.

I am NOT talking about my husband or me when I speak about people who belong to an OUT of state church or temple or mosque.

These places do NOT have any type of PAID security people. They are NOT Mega Churches with RICH tv type preachers.

I have read that many temples and mosques want security help, PAID help, but they still choose to deny many of their congregations the RKBA. They do NOT want guns in their temples, mosques and even in some churches.

Since that is THEIR BUILDING - it is their RULES.

When I was a KID and young adult to middle aged adult - hardly NO ONE was concerned about some FULL OF CRIMINAL INTENT MURDERER or a total WHACK JOB at any age wanting to commit murder in a place of WORSHIP or in a school for that matter.

You had policemen get OFF night shift and go to Church, to a temple or a mosque in large to medium sized cities ARMED with their gun since they did not leave the gun in a locked car. Small towns - you saw the same thing and NO one thought twice about an armed policeman.

NO one worried about getting SHOT or STABBED like you see in this day and age with all of the HATE and TOXIC CRAPOLA GOING ON from ALL sides of the political, religious, socio/economic, sexual identity garbage, race, age, nationality, etc.

Yes, some churches, temples and mosques got hit with crime and even 'fires' way, way back when but it was NOTHING like you see now in this day and age.

It is not only SAD but it is pathetic to see what IS going on in this country and with SOCIETY in general!

Old Lady Cate

PS: My husband and other men who go to his SMALL church in THIS state do CARRY a gun or a knife or BOTH while they attend Church and Bible Study.

MOST of those men ALWAYS carry a gun and a knife on their BODY wherever it is LEGAL too.

I mentioned this in another thread where the NAA revolver was discussed too.

ADDED MORE and typos!

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom