• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Fulton
    Finding a specific caliber box of 50 or so rounds of ammo can be a pain, especially 9mm rounds.

But for FMJs, The cheapest price for ammo I find around the Corpus area is 10.99 for Monarchs in academy(Portland), same price for Tulammo, only place I've seen them in is Wal-Mart in Aransas, but so hard to come by.

I wish I wasn't so cheap and go for Winchester, but even then it's hard to come by.

Where do yall usually look for them and buy? (Reloading doesn't count sorry)
    Venture Surplus ad

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Freedom Munitions has very good quality ammo and good prices for 9mm. And $5 flat rate shipping thru Sunday. Selway Armory has Fiocchi 9mm for $12.99 right now. Shipping is fairly reasonable. I got 4 boxes and shipping was $12. Sometimes Palmetto State Armory has good sale prices on 9mm.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    when I want more 9mm, all I have to do is pull this majic lever and it drops into the plastic box.:green:

View attachment 28135

my current cost is about $8.60 per 50 rounds

I remember well over 10 years ago when the Academy opened here and they had a sale on 9mm WWB for $4.99 /box... kind of makes you long for the good ole days

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I don't shoot 9mm, but I do buy most of my ammo online and in bulk.

Looks to be about the same price or higher online. :( You may want to look for a vendor like Cope's or Graf and Sons who have a flat rate shipping or wait for a free shipping deal and buy a bunch.

GunBot 9mm pistol ammo

Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Fulton
    I have to check those sites out thanks.

I do see some good deals online but always sold out, I can deal with the shipping costs if they weren't charging as buying another box of them.

I just love to shoot, why does it have to be hard and expensive :(

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I have to check those sites out thanks.

I do see some good deals online but always sold out, I can deal with the shipping costs if they weren't charging as buying another box of them.

I just love to shoot, why does it have to be hard and expensive :(

Obviously the more you buy, the less the shipping is a factor. So keep that in mind.
    Maybe save up a few hundred and buy 1K rounds. And whatever you do, shop around.
    Some vendors shipping can be crazy and some very reasonable.
    You might wind up paying less from a vendor that is charging more per round if their shipping is reasonable compared to another. Also, don't forget to factor in sales tax when you are comparing local to online pricing with shipping. Again, depending upon the vendor and the amount you buy, it might be a push with shipping, the upside being you are getting exactly what you want.

Either way, good luck and let us know how you do.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Around DFW, Academy is brimming over with 50 round boxes of 9mm, .38 Special, .357 Mag, .40, and .45ACP. You can also easily find 100 round boxes of .45ACP. And the shelves of rifle ammunition are stocked to capacity. Granted, some calibers are still hard to find (.22LR and .380ACP come to mind) but a lot of the really common calibers are fairly plentiful.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    There are only two times that you can have too much ammo. If you are on fire, or you are swimming.

I will say that one time when we moved into a different house, there was a time when the thought" i have too much ammo" did cross my mind. I want to say it was about 2am after a ful day of moving it.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Tell her she's got too many shoes.

Tried that, didn't work, tried the purse analogy also didn't work.

What I did and has been working out for me is stop shooting that caliber for a little bit and stock up (harder if you only shoot one caliber) if that means biting the bullet on shipping costs that's a decision you'd have to make. Then I just keep my eyes open and grab some more when I can, the Walmart in Aransas seems to have something I want every time I swing by but the one in Rockport has only ever had shotgun shells and Portland is very hit and miss. Now that Portland has an academy I'll find myself in there often but I hardly ever get out to Corpus. I used to buy bulk steel jacketed .223 from aimsurplus.com back when I could get 1000 rds for $230 shipped. Try gunbot.net as well.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    What I did and has been working out for me is stop shooting that caliber for a little bit and stock up (harder if you only shoot one caliber) if that means biting the bullet on shipping costs that's a decision you'd have to make. Then I just keep my eyes open and grab some more when I can
    I started doing this (by accident, actually) worked out pretty good. In no time at all it was..........."HOLY CRAP!!! Where did all this ammo come from?"...:evil:

Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Fulton
    I just bought some Winchester 9mm, they had a few 100 rd boxes and several 50 rd just now at Wal-Mart in Rockport, if you're in town brother and need some of that now's the chance!

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I just bought some Winchester 9mm, they had a few 100 rd boxes and several 50 rd just now at Wal-Mart in Rockport, if you're in town brother and need some of that now's the chance!

Good looking out and actually I work in Rockport but I'm good on 9 right now, appreciate the heads up though.

Aaron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Fulton
    Anytime man. But yeah, better off saving and buying offline then, better than spending the gas and time, it all adds up

larlev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Seems like we shoot more than I can buy ammo. I start to feel a little queasy when I get below a certain amount.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Seems like we shoot more than I can buy ammo. I start to feel a little queasy when I get below a certain amount.

Ditto, during the scare I set a number for each caliber (dependent on how much I actually shot that caliber) and told myself if I got to a certain amount I wouldn't shoot that caliber until I get more. Luckily work picked up and I had to bench all shooting for a little which helped out.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Ammo will never get cheaper. Today's price will be better than tomorrow's.

An exception to that rule, is if the market gets saturated, prices will drop but not by much.

For instance, in 1998, I paid $6.99 for Winchester White Box 9 mm, and $7.99 for White Box .380, and $2.99 for UMC .223 Remington.

.22 LR of every stripe sold for $9.99/500 in bulk packs, and 7.62x39 sold for $2.99/20 all day long.

Politicians don't give a damned about how much ammo costs you. They just don't want inflation to affect food prices or the price of toilet paper.

Top Bottom