Lynx Defense

I just ordered a new Smith Shield EZ handgun online!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoatFarmer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Texas
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9 SHIELD EZ 9MM W/THUMB SAFETY, SKU: 12436
    Front Sight: White Dot, Rear Sight: White Dot Adjustable for Windage

It's about $80 cheaper than the SKU: 13001 model with TRUGLO® TRITIUM PRO NIGHT SIGHTS which I can't see how that extra money would be productively spent.

Will be delivered to my local FFL dealer for transfer. I bought the gun for $80 below MSRP plus $15 shipping cost from an Oregon dealer. Oh, boy, I can hardly wait! I'm hoping the gun will arrive as sold new and undamaged in box as that's how the online vendor listed it. My local gun shop had me on a waiting list for one and told me they would charge full retail if they sold me the gun. They agreed I might get a better deal if ordered online and they are used as the DROS point. This will be my new CC gun.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What does your FFL charge for the transfer fee?

As long as you never need to shoot anything in the dark, you'll be money ahead not upgrading to the tritium sights.

Of course, if you never have to shoot anything, you'd be money ahead not even buying the gun. I guess it's all about what level of preparedness you want.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I've got guns that have come with night sights, but wouldn't pay extra for them.
    I don't go to ranges in the dark, and I wouldn't aim a gun at someone unless I could see them.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I can see the outline of a person in dark or near dark conditions. I can't see my sights in those conditions. I can see them really well with a flashlight shining on them, but still can't see my sights. Perhaps your eyes are just better than mine.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I've got guns that have come with night sights, but wouldn't pay extra for them.
    I don't go to ranges in the dark, and I wouldn't aim a gun at someone unless I could see them.
    I took a training class last year that had a night simulation. I couldn’t see jack shit with the black iron rear sights that came on my CZ. First thing I did afterwards was by some nice night sights.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    If you can't see the sights, and you can't see the intended target, how do you know what you're aiming at?

Seems like that violates one of the basic rules of gun safety to me.
    Exactly! If I can't turn on a light or see who the **** I'm about to injure/kill, I'm not going to pull the trigger.
    Just my optical religion, everyone is free to disagree.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    They help with sight acquisition in less than ideal lighting but when you can still make out your target.

Weapon mounted lights can also give you positive target ID in the dark and the night sights will help you be on target in that situation.

They're nice to have.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Exactly! If I can't turn on a light or see who the **** I'm about to injure/kill, I'm not going to pull the trigger.
    Just my optical religion, everyone is free to disagree.

I have no qualms in using deadly force when it's required or in an appropriate situation, but too many people have shot and killed people that they didn't identify before pulling the trigger that wasn't who they thought they were. That's bad. Really bad.

There are means to avoid such a situation. A light to identify the possible target, either a separate light, or a weapon mounted light. Also low-level lighting within the home that would provide enough lighting to identify the possible target.

Top Bottom