• ...and so much more!
  • deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The best advice this forum can give you is to listen to no advice this forum gives you.

Which is why I was curious if he tried the technique in the video someone posted above. It sounds like exactly what he needs. Maybe.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Lots of people learn by watching YouTube. It aint always what it seems but they don't anyway because they saw it on YouTube.

In the video I referenced above, the guy had the same exact issue as DP, and he showed how he fixed it.

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    I’m telling ya, look at the outside area of the extractor where it rides over the rim.
    Umm...incoming rounds slide up under behind the extractor. The guy in the video even said that.
    Now, the under side, in-board of the hook...that can drag the rim, and get packed with crud...

Joe

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Umm...incoming rounds slide up under behind the extractor. The guy in the video even said that.
    Now, the under side, in-board of the hook...that can drag the rim, and get packed with crud...

Joe
    “Ummm”

It was a problem on xd’s pistols and it’s worth a look. Fact is you’re sighting YouTube experience not real life.

The extractor interacts with the case head when the slide pushes a new round in. The outside geometry if all jacked up can slow or stop that feeding. It’s a small issue that I was shocked could be an issue but it was.

Last edited:

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    I’m telling ya, look at the outside area of the extractor where it rides over the rim.
    Though, ya know...
    My Automag had a thick extractor hook with very sharp corners that would hang in the forward wall of the extractor groove...

Joe

Top Bottom