• ...and so much more!
  • racknsac

"War Is A Racket" Major General Smedley Butler
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2024
    Waxahachie

Sellers want all the money that they invested on a gun, even though it's not worth it now. Buyers regret?
    Texas SOT

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    1713744698902.png

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I have to laugh at those movie scenes with two idiots pointing pistols at one-another, while having long conversations..

Are they waiting for the other guy to fire first, or what?

<>

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    While there have been times in recent history when you could buy a gun, shoot it, and resell it for what you paid (or even more) but that is not the case at the moment.

I recently saw an ad for a used revolver that was delusional. First off, it was from a second-tier manufacturer (no serious collector demand). Secondly, it had some minor bluing wear. It was priced about $50 over the price of a new equivalent model (from the same manufacturer) on gunbroker. Dream on.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    This is even worse in the late-model used JEEP market.

Junior will buy a new JEEP minimum downpayment, deck it ouut with a bunch of cool looking extras, giant wheels, then abuses it on rocks & mud.

Junior loses his job, can’t pay, JEEP; goes bank-to-seller, who asks for 90% new price and JEEP just sits there depreciating.

DD130

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2017
    Devil's Backbone
    This is even worse in the late-model used JEEP market.

Junior will buy a new JEEP minimum downpayment, deck it ouut with a bunch of cool looking extras, giant wheels, then abuses it on rocks & mud.

Junior loses his job, can’t pay, JEEP; goes bank-to-seller, who asks for 90% new price and JEEP just sits there depreciating.
    Jeeps are stupid expensive. My wife stole a Rubicon for under 25k during that Plandemic. :) As an old-school wheeler (FJ40 for life), I gotta say it's kitted nicely with lockers and plenty of grunt; but wow.. most we saw were $40k+ for used, basic JKs!!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Jeeps are stupid expensive. My wife stole a Rubicon for under 25k during that Plandemic. :) As an old-school wheeler (FJ40 for life), I gotta say it's kitted nicely with lockers and plenty of grunt; but wow.. most we saw were $40k+ for used, basic JKs!!
    <>

Most factory options except ‘’body bling’’ work well. A basic JEEP will do everything most folks need.

I advise newbies against aftermarket “decking-out’’ a new JEEP, especially with massively oversize wheels & tires.

Been there, done that; it just causes unnecessary problems of all kinds.

leVieux

<>

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I’ve been driving JEEPS since the 1950’s & owning them since the 1970’s.
    I also use only 4WD pickups & SUV’s.

I advise newbies to go slowly, get someone experienced to demonstrate capabilities FIRST, and tell them. “If you abuse your new JEEP, you’ll have an abused JEEP.

I also advise great caution about non-Mopar “upgrades’’ and too-large wheels/tires.

<>

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    <>

Most factory options except ‘’body bling’’ work well. A basic JEEP will do everything most folks need.

I advise newbies against aftermarket “decking-out’’ a new JEEP, especially with massively oversize wheels & tires.

Been there, done that; it just causes unnecessary problems of all kinds.

leVieux

<>
    What, you mean adding oversized wheels & tires that require a regear, lift that requires new shocks and suspension components, skid plates, replacing both bumpers, adding a winch, convertible top since you bought a hardtop, lights, storage compartments, mounted farm jack & gas cans, half doors, hardtop hoist, door cart, angry grill, seat covers, interior netting and a 100 pack of rubber ducks for $30k won't increase my vehicle's value?

My 5yo is stock and it's not a Rubicon.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    A lot people I see with Jeeps are running "trails" that could be handled by a well driven '78 Honda Civic.
    Back in '84, I was out driving around with wife, and 6 year old in my old 71 Datsun 510 wagon.
    Found Comanche Hill, here in San Antonio, before it was turned into a park. There were a few jeep trails on it, up through the scrub, and a few 4-wheelers, and dirt bikes out playing, so decided to drive up to the top, and take a look at the stone structures up there.
    Had to stand on the little, 1.6L, 98 hp engine to get up the grade, and about 2/3rds of the way up, came across a jeep with big tires, stuck in the main tracks, so just steered around him while he sat there bewildered how this little 13 year old Japanese car was able to get up the hill, that he couldn't.

I failed to see the challenge...
    rawImage.jpg

Hill Killer Datsun
    6054111471_cbc6c6a144_b.jpg

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Back in '84, I was out driving around with wife, and 6 year old in my old 71 Datsun 510 wagon.
    Found Comanche Hill, here in San Antonio, before it was turned into a park. There were a few jeep trails on it, up through the scrub, and a few 4-wheelers, and dirt bikes out playing, so decided to drive up to the top, and take a look at the stone structures up there.
    Had to stand on the little, 1.6L, 98 hp engine to get up the grade, and about 2/3rds of the way up, came across a jeep with big tires, stuck in the main tracks, so just steered around him while he sat there bewildered how this little 13 year old Japanese car was able to get up the hill, that he couldn't.

I failed to see the challenge...

Hill Killer Datsun
    6054111471_cbc6c6a144_b.jpg
    I had a 77 Datsun pickup with a slightly larger engine but about the same horsepower on a good day. I had some oversized super digger tires on the back and as long as I was in 2nd gear floored, nothing would stop it.

Top Bottom