Hurley's Gold

If you’ve ever wanted a table saw, get it soon

Younggun

Certified Jackass
TGT Supporter
Local Business Supporter
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looks like there will be regulation coming down the pipe soon requiring all table saws to have SawStop style sensing installed. They days of picking up a relatively cheap saw may be gone.

Once again, the government stepping in to protect us from ourselves.

Texas SOT

xkon

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1712358386030.png

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I looked at those and even though it's a very cool contraption the price is outa reach for the average Joe. Of course as of now it's not a universal item it's only on their equipment.
Yeah I have a nice Ridgid rolling table saw it may fall short for makng cabinets but I ain't upgrading.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
TGT Supporter
Local Business Supporter
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I looked at those and even though it's a very cool contraption the price is outa reach for the average Joe. Of course as of now it's not a universal item it's only on their equipment.
Yeah I have a nice Ridgid rolling table saw it may fall short for makng cabinets but I ain't upgrading.

Yeah, I have a cheap one. Don’t use it often enough to pay for a “good” one. But if this goes through I know my cheapo will never be replaced.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What about circular saws? I worked with someone who cut off 2 fingers with one of those.

Whistler

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
We have got to stop baby-proofing the world! I've owned and used table saws and every sort of power tool my entire life, often in a commercial capacity.
I've seen guys lose fingers, mangle hands but I've also seen guys fry their fingers off with huge capacitors or working hot boxes and pop off a finger jumping a fence drunk.
I can go on but the point is every single one of the situations was avoidable. In the same place, doing the same work, I have all my digits because I treat dangerous shit like it's dangerous.
I find it frustrating we diminish the usability and increase the price of tools because (in most cases) people were too f-ing stupid or careless to use them!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another useless babysitter rule. The western world has become such crybabies amd so arrogant that they think we can legislte the whole world safe. Never happen.
I have worked with all kinds of tools and equipment for many years. No matter how smart you are, how good youare ore what safety features they put on them, they can and often will hurt you. Right down to a simple screw driver.
The world has never been safe. Never will be. Doesn't matter how many regulations they put in place.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

red442joe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have got to stop baby-proofing the world! I've owned and used table saws and every sort of power tool my entire life, often in a commercial capacity.
I've seen guys lose fingers, mangle hands but I've also seen guys fry their fingers off with huge capacitors or working hot boxes and pop off a finger jumping a fence drunk.
I can go on but the point is every single one of the situations was avoidable. In the same place, doing the same work, I have all my digits because I treat dangerous shit like it's dangerous.
I find it frustrating we diminish the usability and increase the price of tools because (in most cases) people were too f-ing stupid or careless to use them!
This^^^
Then to turn a phrase..."You'll DO nothing, and be happy"...

Joe

Every Day Man
Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gearhead_Gunsmith