Capitol Armory ad

"If you don't vote like a gun owner, YOU SUCK!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the topic title it seems appropriate to put this discussion here instead of politics thread. Read over the article attached from Aug 2020 from the Dillion Blue Press catalog to know the author's opinion of non-voting gun owners. When you don't vote the other guy/gals vote adds up more.

Change a few names, increase the number of adult gun owners to about 81.4 million and NRA membership closer to 5 million would make the article very current today. Especially noteworthy with less than 30 days to election day Nov 8th (early voting starts Oct 24th).

Elections make a difference. Gov Bush signed the CHL for TX in 1995. Since then other governors and the legislature passed laws that allow for open carry, replaced CHL with license to carry, constitutional carry in 2022 etc. President Trump appoints 3 Supreme Court justices who with 3 others restore a large measure of 2A rights with the NYSRPA vs Bruen decision.

Gov Abbott's challenger Robert Francis O'Rourke said ‘Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47’. Not a 2A friendly guy.

BTW: I have noted some comments on this forum who don't like the NRA. If so then join/support another 2A advocate group like Gun Owners of America (2 million+), Second Amendment Foundation (650k), TX State Rifle Assoc (36K) or Firearms Policy Coalition etc.
    Guns International

Attachments

• Gun Owner Page 1.jpg
      Gun Owner Page 1.jpg
      402.8 KB · Views: 75
    • Gun Owner Page 2.jpg
      Gun Owner Page 2.jpg
      357.6 KB · Views: 78
    • flag.jpg
      flag.jpg
      81.8 KB · Views: 72

CaliGunner

I'm out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2022
    Texas
    From the topic title it seems appropriate to put this discussion here instead of politics thread. Read over the article attached from Aug 2020 from the Dillion Blue Press catalog to know the author's opinion of non-voting gun owners. When you don't vote the other guy/gals vote adds up more.

Change a few names, increase the number of adult gun owners to about 81.4 million and NRA membership closer to 5 million would make the article very current today. Especially noteworthy with less than 30 days to election day Nov 8th (early voting starts Oct 24th).

Elections make a difference. Gov Bush signed the CHL for TX in 1995. Since then other governors and the legislature passed laws that allow for open carry, replaced CHL with license to carry, constitutional carry in 2022 etc. President Trump appoints 3 Supreme Court justices who with 3 others restore a large measure of 2A rights with the NYSRPA vs Bruen decision.

Gov Abbott's challenger Robert Francis O'Rourke said ‘Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47’. Not a 2A friendly guy.

BTW: I have noted some comments on this forum who don't like the NRA. If so then join/support another 2A advocate group like Gun Owners of America (2 million+), Second Amendment Foundation (650k), TX State Rifle Assoc (36K) or Firearms Policy Coalition etc.

Big facts.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Given the number of places, not to mention the number of gun owners that don't carry anyway, not voting because you can't carry there is flat stupid. And eventually ensures the anti-gun voters WILL vote our rights away for us.
    So suck it up and go vote like your rights and life depend on it. Because they do. It's that simple.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Nothing says, "I HATE TEXAS" more than a BETO yard sign or bumper sticker.

If you're old enough to buy a gun, then you're old enough to vote so that you can keep it.

You may not like to hear this, but the PRIMARIES are your opportunity to get candidates on the ballot. That's where you really have a choice. The GENERAL ELECTION is the time you have to choose between the two candidates that made the ballot. (Again, like it or not, this is a 2 party country. Other parties may make you feel more warm and fuzzy, but they're not getting enough people elected to have any power.) So, yeah, you might not like either candidate. Hold your nose and vote for the one that is the most 2A.

Don't do stupid things. Don't destroy political signs that you don't like. It's illegal and it puts you on the same level of ignorance as the Antifas. Don't antagonize your neighbors that vote leftist - at least until after the general election. Maybe they would forget to vote if it wasn't for your bullying them.

Lastly, take care of yourself. Eat right, get exorcise, see your doctor regularly. Drive carefully on the highways, and always look out for the other drivers. Remember, if you die, there's a good chance you'll become a Democratic Party voter.

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    Here's an interesting fact and question. Voting places are turkey shoot gun-free zones.
    Would more gun owners vote if they didn't have give up one right to exercise another? How many votes are we missing?
    So ;don’t go to vote, by not carrying for 5-15 minutes depending where you vote:
    Then perps like beto get in office,
    Makes sense? Not really .
    Some here say they are not voting for Abbot because of some reason, but that is how 2A loses.
    Go back years ago when Perot ran for president, and split the vote, and ended up with billy boy and hilibeast ,
    That’s why we have to band together and get friendly people in office

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Here's an interesting fact and question. Voting places are turkey shoot gun-free zones.
    Would more gun owners vote if they didn't have give up one right to exercise another? How many votes are we missing?
    So they need to leave the fuking gun in the vehicle and go vote. Imagine that I was unarmed for 10 minutes and made a difference.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    There are MANY issues facing our nation, certainly 2nd amendment is high on that list with me, howver it is one issue....a person should vote his/her most important concerns without ridicule.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Unless they're doing metal detectors and patdowns, they're not gun-free zones....

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border

If you don't vote like a gun owner, YOU SUCK!​

Exactly how is it that gun owners vote? As I understand it, many gun owners have voted for candidates who advocate for gun control (especially of evil black guns). For example, many who own guns only for hunting supposedly believe no one needs an AR or AK. I strongly disagree with them on that point even though they are voting gun owners. Should we vote as they do? Not me.

I vote as a supporter of the Declaration Of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights. I usually am not a one issue voter but will readily admit that the most important issue to me is the RKBA because it protects all of our other rights or should do so. I am an Endowment Life member of the NRA, a member/supporter of the SAF, a supporter of GOA and a life member of the NYSRPA.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    So they need to leave the fuking gun in the vehicle and go vote. Imagine that I was unarmed for 10 minutes and made a difference.
    Right.
    In case my question was not clear, I am curious about the number of armed citizen who choose not to vote because they would have to disarm. I know plenty of people who say they don't go anywhere their gun isn't welcome. But I never asked them whether that includes polling places. I should.
    But I assume this statistic might not be readily available. I still wonder how many.

Top Bottom